Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

SD5 Service Pages

Highlighted
Miles Peregrine
Respected Contributor.

SD5 Service Pages

Hi,
I creted some new accounts in Service pages. When users of new created accounts try to login, they receive:
Error - an exception was thrown trying to login.
Exception details - Access denied: incorrect account name or password. Click OK to retry to log on.

Best regards,
M*
12 REPLIES
Zoltan Molnar_1
Super Contributor.

Re: SD5 Service Pages

Hi
We have the same problem. When we create an SP account across Service Pages then everything works fine, but when we try to login and use Service Pages with user who have an application account, then received Your error. But if we give All Access role to the user, then he can login and use Service Pages.... SD5 SP2.
Any Idea?
Zoltan Molnar_1
Super Contributor.

Hi
I TRy to change the role of person but the problem is still alive.
Error - an exception was thrown trying to login.
Exception details - No permission to login to the module Object ServerModule.
When try user to connect accross ovconsole.bat, then everythings works fine. This user have concurent user access and have application account.
The SD server is't yet on the domain.
Idea? Solution? Workaround? Issue? Anythings? Thanks.
Miles Peregrine
Respected Contributor.

Hi Zoltan,

password for service pages needs to be different from the one that is used as a regular account in HPOVSD.

regards
Miles*
Zoltan Molnar_1
Super Contributor.

Hi Milan
Thanks for your answer, but this is not good solution for us, becose we want to use Service Pages across application account. I can create SP account with different password, but in this case this user can only send new service call and view his service calls. We want to use this account like support enginer and view Service calls, Incidents, etc.
If we give to account 'all access' role, then we can logon service pages, but we can't give full access roles to these support engineers. What object should be checked to reach Service Pages as Support engineer?
Miles Peregrine
Respected Contributor.

Hi Zoltan,

for the engineers or technicians ist better to use "SD Web console" for this purpose, Service Pages should be used for customers tracking their own service calls or incidents, Web console is a better solutions for managing service calls, incidents or even problems.

regards,

Miles*
Peter Magdina
Respected Contributor.

Hi guys,

problem is that user role must have at least View access to Application Account entity.

After you set it you should not get this exception any more.

Good Luck!
Peter
OlArt
Respected Contributor.

Hi, Peter!
Thanks for solution - its working now!
But i have one more problem with SP account: http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1061995
Maybe you can help me, Services is not visible :(
Zoltan Molnar_1
Super Contributor.

Hi Guys
Peter deserve 10 point for this solution. I experimented with roles afternoon and find the same solution. Thanks
OlArt
Respected Contributor.

Good!
And what about SP account and Service Find for him on ServicePages?
Thanks!
OlArt
Respected Contributor.

Hi!
Thanks to all for point direction to solve the roles problem!
I am find solution for my question - create new role (included 'view' checkbox for Service, SLA, ServiceLevel) and include this role to role "SD Service Pages role". Now my SP users can choose releted to them services.
Peter Magdina
Respected Contributor.

Yes, it's about rights. I did it same way. Created another role with the access rights set as needed and then I included it into "SD Service Pages role" which is system role.
Christian Nilss
Super Contributor.

Hi,
i have set SD Service pages and an other role with view access at Application Accounts, but it doesnt work

need some help!

regards
christian