Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

SD5 - How to change the displayed field of the CI Search field

Highlighted
dschul
Super Contributor.

SD5 - How to change the displayed field of the CI Search field

Hi

Hope this is not a too stupid question. In the Service Call form, when I enter a CI in the Search field, it is being looked up with the CI Search Code.
When I change the focus of the field, the CI Search field does not display the Search Code anymore it displays "Name 1" instead.

Can this be changed?
4 REPLIES
Ruth Porter
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: SD5 - How to change the displayed field of the CI Search field

Hi there,

I do not know how you can alter which field it displays when you lose focus but you can later which field it searches on. Use Tools>System>Presentation>Search>Configuration Item and later the field for searches.

If you want the details displayed when you lose focus to be the Search code youdo the following as a work round.

Set up a custom field to hold what is currently in Name 1 and have a rule which sets Name 1 to Searchcode.

Hope this helps

Ruth
http://www.teamultra.net
dschul
Super Contributor.

Hi Ruth

Thanks for your answer. I thought about copying the search code to name 1. But to be honest this would be a "bad" workaround, as we would like to use the name 1 field to hold other information and not duplicate the search code.

guess it's a bug, as it was different in 4.5. Or I'm not able to find the switch to change it ;-)

Thanks for your help anyway.

Daniel
Vasily Aksenov
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Ruth
this solution doesnot work on SD45 and i think on SD5 too.
We have asked HP and opened RFC because we want to show name 1 not search code.
Ruth Porter
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Vasily,

I am not sure what you mean by "this solution doesnot work on SD45 and I think on SD5 too."

My "solution" was just a suggestion for a workround so that by placing a copy of the Searchcode into Name1, it would then appear as the in-focus field and the custom field would hold what you would normally put in Name1. The copying would be done using rules. Can you explain why you think this does not work?

What I would really want is a way of specifying which field appears when you lose focus (similar to how you can specify which field you search on).

Regards

Ruth
http://www.teamultra.net