SD5.1 Service Pages Approvals

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
David R Baldwin
Regular Collector

SD5.1 Service Pages Approvals

Hi,

we've got Service Pages working and now want non-technical managers to use it to approve tasks.

How do we get emails sent out to them so they have the link to the Service Pages Approval? Do they need an SP account or an application account?

Thanks, David.
4 REPLIES
JaS_4
Honored Contributor

Re: SD5.1 Service Pages Approvals

Hi david,

In 5.1, they have tool, options,notifications tab, tick the "sent me an email if I have to approve an object".

And if their account has been defined with an email address, they should received an email with an url link to approve an object via servicepages.
David R Baldwin
Regular Collector

Is there a way to do it without setting them up an account?

Thanks, David
JaS_4
Honored Contributor
Solution

Slight contradiction there. Only people with account has access to update/approve objects in Service Desk. If you don't trust the people with access to update in Service Desk, you shouldn't be allowing them to approve objects in Service Desk.

SP account would not have enough access to change things so it will have to be an application account.

SP account is more or less for end users to create an Service Call and check on it. You need an account to change records and I am sure approval is counted as a change.
frank aan de st
Occasional Contributor

Hi David,

our company has developed a self service solution that goes beyond service pages. Our approval mechanism allows for approvals without OVSD account.

If you would like to know more, please have a look at the attached, or send me an e-mail at frank.aandestegge@westbury-it.com

Cheers,

Frank
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event