cancel

SD5.1 OVOW integration

Highlighted
HPOPV+
Honored Contributor.

SD5.1 OVOW integration

Hi,

I have OVOW 7.5 and SD5.1 intalled on different windows 2003 sp1 servers
i have installed the ovow sd integration successfully.
How can i open an incident from ovow to the servicedesk server ??
i didnt find any helpfull stuff in the patch documentation

Regards;
10 REPLIES
jconsola20
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: SD5.1 OVOW integration

There should be a policy called "forward to service desk new". You need to deploy that on the management server.

You should also create an automatic action that creates an ovo incident. You can then use that for testing purposes.
HPOPV+
Honored Contributor.

Hi,

So by jst depolying the policy ovo will generate automatic incident into service desk ? no need for other configuration ?
for testing can you give me an example what automatic action to be used

Thanks
jconsola20
Outstanding Contributor.

Just installing the policy won't trigger an incident in SD. When you have an alert in OVO, then it will trigger an incident in SD. There should be an import mapping in your Admin Console called ovowindows. That tells the proper format for creating the incident.
HPOPV+
Honored Contributor.

I need to configure ovow so that all critical alarms will trigger an incident in SD ( sorry am begginer in ovow) I have the ovowin I the import mapping but how should I configure the trigger can you send me an example

Thanks
freebird (-.-)
Super Contributor.

Did the integration package install the software to c:\OVSD\Bin? If so, you need to go into c:\OVSD\log and copy the last 15 or 20 lines of the sd_event log. Post those logs here. Have you configured the c:\ovsd\sd_event.ini to work with y our Service Desk server yet?

Later,
Rich
HPOPV+
Honored Contributor.

thx for your reply, but in the sd 5.1 version there are no sd_event and now the server is not near me can you send me an example maybe it will work for the ovloadobject that is equivalent for the sd_event

jconsola20
Outstanding Contributor.

Have you read the doc at:
http://ovweb.external.hp.com/ovnsmdps/pdf/servdesk50_OVO_Integration_Guide_en.pdf

They map out what needs to be done and it is pretty well documented.
jconsola20
Outstanding Contributor.

Sorry. gave you the link to the 5.0 doc. Here is 5.1:
http://ovweb.external.hp.com/ovnsmdps/pdf/servdesk51_integ_admin.pdf
HPOPV+
Honored Contributor.

I read the guides and the integration is working fine but i am having 1000 of incident per day i just want to an incident when the serverity is Critical;
what i tried to do is to add a condition to the forward messages to SD policy but it stoped sending incident.
the condition was Serverity matches Critical
is there any other way to do it ?

Please advise;
Yauhen
Super Contributor.

You should modify the policy that forwards messages from OVOw to SD (mentioned earlier).

If I'm not mistaken it is easy - you should just uncheck unnecesary states -leave only critical!

Let me know if you need further help I can see the exact steps when l am at my OVO console.