Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD5.0 sp1 e-mail via DB-rule prolem

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
pepekrajco
Occasional Contributor

SD5.0 sp1 e-mail via DB-rule prolem

Hello All,

We are creating an e-mail message triggered via db-rules. If we enter into field "Send To" normal address (like somebody@somewhere.com) e-mail is sent normally. But when we enter into this field attribute (for example [Caller;Primary E-mail]) this e-mail is not sent (e-mail server returns error 501 - Bad address syntax) because SD is not translating attribute into real address and send attribute as it is .Here is a part of a log file

286;22;com.hp.ov.obs;INFO;<>: Rule: MAIL_CALLER_SC_REGISTERED, item: 00000000-0000-0000-0211-ae07ae78f31b, email Action: MAIL_CALLER_SC_REGISTERED (Send e-mail message), To: [Caller;Primary E-Mail], Subject: Call registered with ID 92.
PM;287;22;com.hp.ov.obs;WARNING;Unexpected response from SMTP server ([........:25), command=RCPT TO:<>
, expected=250, response={[501 Bad address syntax]}.


Thanks for any help
best regards
12 REPLIES
Raghunathan Tik
Frequent Visitor

Re: SD5.0 sp1 e-mail via DB-rule prolem

Hi,

pls check whether the email id mentioned in the person record has any special characters. probably the email ID might have been appended with the "enter key" character. try removing this and then check

hope this helps you

raman
pepekrajco
Occasional Contributor

Re: SD5.0 sp1 e-mail via DB-rule prolem

Hello Raman,

I've checked address and all is OK. But this problems occurs also with other e-mail attributes for example [Assigment;WorkGroup;Primary E-Mail] etc.

best regards
Raghunathan Tik
Frequent Visitor

Re: SD5.0 sp1 e-mail via DB-rule prolem

Hi,

can you pls attach the snapsnot?

thanks
pepekrajco
Occasional Contributor

Re: SD5.0 sp1 e-mail via DB-rule prolem

Hi,

here is snapshot from DB rule creation
The attribute [caller;Primary e-mail was bold] was bold before saving

thanks
Hasim.Baba
Frequent Visitor
Solution

Re: SD5.0 sp1 e-mail via DB-rule prolem

HI, I am using SD 5 SP 1 as well.. one thing I noticed in the screenshot is the field is set to [Caller;Primary E-Mail] .. I have it as [Caller;Primary E-Mail Address] ,i.e, picked up directly by using the button on the right hand side.

HTH

Regards,
-Hasim
Ken Briscoe
Honored Contributor

Re: SD5.0 sp1 e-mail via DB-rule prolem

I think Hasim has the answer because your email field "[Caller;Primary E-mail]" is not resolving - ie it is not recognised as a field but simply as text. It doesn't matter what is in the field, OVSD is just not seeing it as a field.
The correct field name is [Caller;Primary E-Mail Address]
My email is kenilian@bigpond.com.au
pepekrajco
Occasional Contributor

Re: SD5.0 sp1 e-mail via DB-rule prolem

Thanks for answer, but we are using changed fields. Same field I'm using in the condition (NOT (Caller;Primary E-mail is empty)) in mentioned db-rule, and this condition passed OK.

Thanks a lot
best regards
Peter
Ruth Porter
Honored Contributor

Re: SD5.0 sp1 e-mail via DB-rule prolem

Hi there,

I have hit this issue as well and have logged it with HP - but have heard nothing back as yet.

Regards

Ruth
http://www.teamultra.net
Ken Briscoe
Honored Contributor

Re: SD5.0 sp1 e-mail via DB-rule prolem

By changed fields, do you mean you've renamed the field? We don't have this problem with 5.0 base product so I'm interested to know if it's a new SP1 fault.
My email is kenilian@bigpond.com.au
pepekrajco
Occasional Contributor

Re: SD5.0 sp1 e-mail via DB-rule prolem

Hello Ken,

Yes we renamed this field. I will try to create a custom field with stored email adress and use it in this db-rule
pepekrajco
Occasional Contributor

Re: SD5.0 sp1 e-mail via DB-rule prolem

So I used now another text field filled with e-mail address of caller and db-rule works. SO it seems that changing (translating) the field Primary E-mail Address causes this problem

Best regards
Peter
pepekrajco
Occasional Contributor

Re: SD5.0 sp1 e-mail via DB-rule prolem

Finally I changed name of field Primary E-mail Address back and checked , db rule works, then I renamed it to E-mail Address and db-rule is also working. Hmm strange. OK

Thanks for your time
Best regard
Peter
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event