The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD45 Organizations

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
lafonso
Super Collector

SD45 Organizations

In order to support several clients (companies) at the same time, is it possible to hide organizations in the same SD45 instance (server), and disable users to see others organizations…
Example
I’m user 123 from company XPTO I can only see service calls, changes, etc from the company XPTO?

Regards
9 REPLIES
itsmmdc
Occasional Contributor
Solution

Re: SD45 Organizations

Have you considered using folders?

General Settings: Enable Folder Entitlement
Roles: Base access on Folder Level
Item Types (Service Call Change etc) Set appropriate Items to the appropriate folders. You can use business rules for this.

This will prevent rolled users of certain folder level access from seeing other folder items.
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Hi,

as posted use folders and assign rights to view folders on a role per role basis.

Note that using folders does add to the admin of roles but its not too bad if you dont need too many folders
lafonso
Super Collector

OK

I donâ t know very much of SD45.
The main objective is to use one SD45 Instance, and support several costumers.

The costumers can not see each others, Service Calls, incidents, etc.

One Folder per Costumer and right rules...?!? Is that all?

PS: I will give points.
regards
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Hi,

it can be as simple as one folder per customer. The people logging into OVSD will be assigned rights to the customers calls by putting them in a role that has been set up with the appropiate access rights to view, edit, modify calls.

You could have the folder set autimatically by creating a code field and having the names of the different customer orgs. When any call is first logged a UI rule could set the appropiate folder for that customer .
-
You can make the folder field read only to ensure that users cannot change the folder or get it wrong.

Does this help?

Create the Folders
Set up at least 1 role per folder assigning the rights to that folder
Optional
-UI rule to set folder based on customer selected from a list
-Make folder field read only
lafonso
Super Collector

Many Tks Mark O'Loughlin

Regards
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

No Problem,

just to bear in mind that you will generally need to have a number of roles per customer e.g. Basic Service cal entry, Chnage Management, CI Management etc.

This means that for 5 customers = 5 folders
5 folders * 3 roles per customer= 15 roles

As I said it it worth remembering to try keep the roles per customer to a minimum where piossible to reduce the admin and upkeep of the roles.

Its not a show stopper though.

MHK
Frequent Visitor

Hi Lafonso ,
Its right . You follow this steps ,
1.Create Folder for each customer
2. Create Location for customer.
3. Create Organisation
4. Design Form for service Call . Don't forget to take Folder field.
5.Design Views
6.Design Templets.

In DB rules , you can write as if Location of service call is xyz then set folder to xyz So all your customer data can be stored with ref to folder xyz.

Then you can create views like "Open CAll for customer xyz" with filter ON as folder equal to xyz.

Hope it helps

Mahesh
lafonso
Super Collector

Ok One more question we are all talking about HP Service Desk 4.5 last service pack...

Regards
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Hi,

yes this is all be possible with your SP level
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event