Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD4.5 update from stored proc in external database

Highlighted
Arumugaperumal
Regular Collector

SD4.5 update from stored proc in external database

I am in HPSD4.5 SP26.I want to know how to integrate SD with external apps.I have stored proc avaialble in external datbase and i need to fetch the data from that and update in SD database.I am planning to use sd event/dataform.Did anybody tried this.Is there is any easy/other method available for this.

Thanks in advance!
4 REPLIES

Re: SD4.5 update from stored proc in external database

Hello,

depending on the type of integration, using data exchange can be simplier and more reliable for data transfers.
In data exchange you can define a query to fetch data from external database and in the next step import them to SD using import mapping.
You can also do an incremental imports to import only new or updated items and block redundant items.

Cheers,

Ondra
Arumugaperumal
Regular Collector

Thanks for the response.can you more elaborate on how to use the same.If you have some sample that is highly appreciated.

Follow these steps:

1) create a query from the external database that will provide the data you want
2) create an export ini file with the query you made (\client\data_exchange\config)
3) create a data exchange import task and try to run the export part of it and see if it creates intermediate xml file with all the data you want
4) define where you want the data to appear using import mapping
5) enable the import part of the data exchange task and select your import mapping
6) if all works, you can schedule the task using sd_export.bat and sd_import.bat in the
\client\bin\ directory

More info in the Data_Exchange.pdf document, or if you search this forum, you will find plenty of information.

Ondra
Arumugaperumal
Regular Collector

Thanks for the reply.I will workout the same

Anyother thoughts from others.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event