cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD4.5 client access error

Highlighted

SD4.5 client access error

Hi experts,

i would like to access my SD4.5 from public network. The port 30999, 1433 have been opened.
however, i am getting error like the attachment. i test my connection from public network for my client account is successful.
can someone tell me any settings i missed out?

thanks in advance.

11 REPLIES
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Re: SD4.5 client access error

Hi,

is the client on the same SP version as the server?

Maybe uninstall and manually reinstall the client and the same SP as the server.

Does it work from another computer which is on the same network.

Is remote updater trying to do a client update which may not be getting onto the client system?

Hi Mark,

the client is using the version with same sp exactly.
if accessing the server from the same network, it's working.

the remote updater is turned off.

is it because of the ports issue?

thanks

George M. Meneg
Honored Contributor

Do your client tried to insert a hotfix? Check c:\documents and settings\\application data\hewlett-packard\openview\service desk for a file named hotfix.jar. If there is such file, delete it and run the client again.
menes fhtagn
JaS_4
Honored Contributor

Have a look at this thread http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=685466

Since it works in some environment and not others, it could be the dns used. Try the solution in the thread and update your host file.

Hi there,

Thanks for the guidance.
i checked, there is no hotfix.jar file in my client.
i updated the hosts file too, but i am still facing the same error.

please help.

many thanks.

Hi experts,

Can i know the hosts file has to be changed is on client or app server?
i changed the client hosts file with app server's IP address and hostname entry.

thanks

JaS_4
Honored Contributor

It's the one on the client so you have change the right one.
Did you try nslookup the sd server hostname from both your network and see if they use the same dns server and resolve correctly ?
It may not be a dns issue but it's good to rule it out.

Hi there,

Thanks for your quick reply.
I have changed my hosts file on client.
When i do a ping, it's successful.
but when i do a nslookup, the DNS request time-out.

please help.

thanks
JaS_4
Honored Contributor

SD relies on hostname a lot. If has to be able to resolve your hostname to work.
eg.
if you can ping your FQDN hostname & nslookup it, it should work.
ping -a acme.box.com
nslook acme.box.com

If it doesn't, do a ipconfig /all and check with your lan admin whether you are using the correct dns server for outside your network or whether you need a vpn.

Hi there,

Can i know what do you mean by correct dns server? as i am accessing via public network (wi-fi)which the dns server is allocated automatically to my computer.
Do you mean if i would like to connect my client to server, my client needs to connect to the same DNS server as the server connects to?

thanks
JaS_4
Honored Contributor

Here is a simplistic explanation. All companies have dns setup which stores the hostname and ipaddress of all the machines in their network. If you try to access the company network from outside the company, it will not have access to the same dns server as the company do not allow such information to get out to protect their network.
What companies do to allow their employees to access the internal network is create something called a Virtual Private Network (VPN) and involve a lot of security and passwords and basically, the external employees will go through security checks to verify they have access and their ip address from outside the network is translated to match the internal company network. Speak to your lan administrator to gain access to your VPN or get him/her to set one up.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event