Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

SD4.5 SP9. JDBC Errors.

Highlighted
Yuri_
Regular Contributor.

SD4.5 SP9. JDBC Errors.

Hello.
Recently errors as shown on the screenshot appear on the clients occasionally on creating or changing a servicecall. What can be the reason?
4 REPLIES
Robert S. Falko
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: SD4.5 SP9. JDBC Errors.

Yuri,

Needless to say, this should NEVER happen.

I can think of two possible reasons :

1) You are incorrectly updating the database without using the OVSD client or DataExchange.

2) There is a bug in the client where sometimes you enter a value in a field, then you press Cancel, but that cached value is not cleared out, so when you save the form, OVSD is trying to save invalid data. You might try to reproduce the error to see if this is the reason. In fact, we have only seen this problem after installing SP18, but we never had SP8.

-Josh
Oguz Kutlu Asi
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi,

I remember something about this.
If you hide a required field of a form for a specific group (role), and if a member of that group tries to register a call using that form, user would be unable to enter information for that required field, and you may get that kind of error. As far as i remember you can disable required field warning in administration console.
What's right is right, whether or not God exists
Yuri_
Regular Contributor.

This problem appeared after switching aplication server to the sql database, replicated from the original one.
Maybe, table ifc_system was not replicating correctly.

Problem was solved by increasing sys_oidhigh.
Yuri_
Regular Contributor.

I have found a solution to this question as seen in the comments above