Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

SD4.5 SP23 and Windows Vista

Highlighted
Steven Nicklin
Regular Contributor.

SD4.5 SP23 and Windows Vista

Hi,
We have SD4.5 with SP23 installed. Our business is looking to move over to Windows Vista Business Edition.

From what I can see, SP23 is only supported on the 32 bit Enterprise version of Vista. Does anyone know if HP have plans to officially support Vista Business Edition? If so, in what time frame do you know?

Also, has anyone tried to run SD4.5 SP23 on this edition of Vista, eventhough it's unsupported? If so, what should we look out for? Any issues or surprises?

Thanks,
Steve
9 REPLIES
Ruth Porter
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: SD4.5 SP23 and Windows Vista

Hi Steve,

I would recommend asking HP - though I would not be optimistic that anything will be done.
This is because HPSD is not part of HP's strategy which is focused on Service Manager (based on Service center).

Regards, Ruth
http://www.teamultra.net
Steven Nicklin
Regular Contributor.

Hi Ruth,
Thanks for this, I will ask them directly.

Does anyone know much about the new web client (not Service Pages), we may be looking at moving over to this (with SP23). This way we may be easier to use on Vista rather than the usual client. Anyone had experience?

Steve
Jay Mistry
Outstanding Contributor.

are you talking about the web console or about the new web UI that will remove the dependancy on the JVM?

Jay
Marc Hummel
Outstanding Contributor.

If it's the web client (ie console) I don't see an issue since you're accessing from a browser, but I'd definately test it first!

Good luck.
Wounds heel, Pain fades... chix dig scar's, oh and everybody WangChung.
Steven Nicklin
Regular Contributor.

It is the new Web UI for removing the dependance on the JVM. I personally can't see any problems that are likely especially in a browser.
Jay Mistry
Outstanding Contributor.

Is the new web UI available? I havent seen anything on the HP sites that I use regularly
Peter Dent
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi,

I'm also very keen to know about any plans to release the Web Client.

I've posted this reply so as I can be notified of any other replies, please don't assign points.
Steven Nicklin
Regular Contributor.

I believe that there is a new Web UI on it's way but I do not have the precise details at present. I believe it's coming next year.
Mario Brackeva
Super Contributor.

We have been running SD4.5 SP22 with fat clients on Vista for over 4 months without any issues.