Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

SD4.5 SP20 ( HPUX) : DB rule to escalate a SC after passing a specific duration and sending an email

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Kashif Masood_1
Respected Contributor.

SD4.5 SP20 ( HPUX) : DB rule to escalate a SC after passing a specific duration and sending an email

Question :

Can anyone help me in writing a rule to send an email to a workgroup team leader ( already added the field in the workgroup i.e. a field called team leader realted to person database is addded in the workgroup form). In the send e-mail message action the available field is "Assignment --> To workgroup" ( there is no other option of fields available ) which sends an email to everybody in the workgroup, however, we want an email to be sent to a team leader or a group of ppl. Please advice.
2 REPLIES
George M. Meneg
Acclaimed Contributor.
Solution

Re: SD4.5 SP20 ( HPUX) : DB rule to escalate a SC after passing a specific duration and sending an email

Hello Kashif,

The simplest way to do that is to use a custom 255 text field for workgroups. There, for each workgroup you can have e-mail addresses separated by "," (without quotes) and use this field as To: on the db rule.

However you must type the name of the field because it won't be listed on the menu when you press "Field" button.

For example if the name of the custom field is Team Leaders then you must type at the Send To
[Assignment;To workgroup;Team Leaders]
menes fhtagn
Kashif Masood_1
Respected Contributor.

Re: SD4.5 SP20 ( HPUX) : DB rule to escalate a SC after passing a specific duration and sending an email

Thanks for the help. I was able to create and send email selectively within a group.