cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD license

Highlighted
Eng.NM

SD license

for the liceninsing issue of SD5, when I open the licence manager in start menu it failed to open, so can you help in getting license of SD5?
thanks
7 REPLIES
-=R=-
Frequent Visitor

Re: SD license

Hey Mohamed,

When you say "failed to open" is it giving you a specific error message? I only ask because on our servers it just takes a long ass time. 2 minutes is the norm but I've seen it take up to 10.
UVA-OVSD
Regular Collector

do you run the license check tool from the correct folder.
C:\Program Files\HP OpenView\bin

I had the same problem but when i start the license manager from the commandline from the C:\Program Files\HP OpenView\bin folder it nicely pops up and functions.

You can also modify the OvSdLic.bat file by editing the .bat file

original:
call "%OVINSTALLDIR%\bin\OvObsLic.bat" "%OVINSTALLDIR%\misc\sd\pdfiles\OVSDESK5_pdf.txt"

modified.
call "C:\Program Files\HP OpenView\bin\OvObsLic.bat" "C:\Program Files\HP OpenView\misc\sd\pdfiles\OVSDESK5_pdf.txt"

gr.Mario.
CSTung
Super Collector

Are you running the utility on the Management Server?

Please make sure that you have a Client setting on the Server. Start -> Programs -> HP OpennView -> Edit Client Settings. Select "Accounts" tab, add or modify the system client settings. Type in OVSD system account name and the login password. It should work with a proper Client settings.
UVA-OVSD
Regular Collector

Anybody noticed problems with concurrent licenses ? I can't say i'm very glad with these.

Multiple instances of same client, time and login,
locking up, no correct info in logts, etc.

SHARE concurrent licenses troubles pls.
-=R=-
Frequent Visitor

UVA,

We were having a huge problem with this (OVSD 5.1 sp1). For about 100 distinct users logged in the system, "Logged On Users" was showing 500 and higher. We only recently got a hotfix that helped us out, but we still see illegitimate duplicates from time to time.
UVA-OVSD
Regular Collector

What hotfix are you talking about ?
UVA-OVSD
Regular Collector

Is there anybody who could confirm that the concurrent user license trouble is fixed in 5.10 sp2

Are there any other license related problems ?
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event