cancel

SD_event to open a change via command line

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Eric P Nelson
Frequent Contributor.

SD_event to open a change via command line

I continuously recieve and error when I use sd_event to open a new change. The error message in the sd_event_error log is:

"server_response=error: more than one item found"

I am only trying to pass the fields "status" and "description". below is the command i'm using.

sd_event.exe -f sd_event_test_change.ini -v status="Registered" description="test12345"

The .INI file is below:
[SD_EVENT]
LOGFILE=sd_event.log
ERROR_LOGFILE=sd_event_error.log
ACCOUNT=system/servicedesk
SERVER=localhost
PORT=30980
MAPPING=changemap
CLASSNAME=changeext
MODUS=insert
LANGUAGE=EN

I have a mapping called changemap and it is mapped to a specific template with the class name "changeext" and the "status" and "description" are mapped appropriately. any ideas as to why i recieve this error?
4 REPLIES
Vasily Kamenev
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: SD_event to open a change via command line

Hi
Try create CH with this Tamplate from client and you will see the problem, if not then problem in status, create map into status value Registered = Registereg.

Beliave that hepl you,
Vassili
Jonathon Druce
Acclaimed Contributor.
Solution

What is the unique key in the classname changeeext? I would suggest that you need to pass values through for that field (or fields) otherwise SD_Event does not know which item to update (I know the modus is insert but it still tries to update existing items I believe)
Eric P Nelson
Frequent Contributor.

Thank you both very much for your answers. I had everything value mapped appropriately and first tried from the client and got the same error. Secondly, i checked to see that i was passing the unique key field. When i added the Source ID and passed it using sd_event it worked out fine. The trick is definately having the unique key data within your values the sd_event.exe command.
Eric P Nelson
Frequent Contributor.

...thread closed
thanks