The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD_event problem

Highlighted
Peter Dent
Frequent Visitor

SD_event problem

Hi,

I'm running SD 4.5 on SP17.

I'm trying to use SD_event to create a service call and getting an error messsage which I don't understand.

I've got a sd_event.ini file setup and am trying to use SD_event from the command line passing only one variable which is description.

The command looks like :
sd_event.ex e -f sd_event.ini -v description="testing SD-event"

The error I get is :
SERVER_RESPONSE=ERROR: Event_id is not a valid attribute in this integration context.

But obviously description is a valid attribute, its a system default attribute in Service Call.

I've also tried passing event_id=36999, but get the same error.

What does the error mean?

Thanks
8 REPLIES
Ruth Porter
Honored Contributor

Re: SD_event problem

Hi Peter,

what have you got in your sd_event.ini file? This should include lines which say which import mapping and class you are using.

For example if your import mapping is called FOXupdateitems and the class is called upsc, there should lines saying:

MAPPING=FOXupdateitems
CLASSNAME=upsc

Hope this helps

Ruth

http://www.teamultra.net
Peter Dent
Frequent Visitor

Ruth,

Yest the SD_evnt.ini file specifies the things like account/password, the mapping, classname, servername, port etc.

In fact here's a copy of it.
[SD_EVENT]
LOGFILE=sd_event.log
ERROR_LOGFILE=sd_event_error.log
ACCOUNT=account/password
SERVER=ictsdtest1lds
PORT=30980
MAPPING=Auto_Proc_Sub_Call
CLASSNAME=Service_Call
MODUS=insert
LANGUAGE=GB
Ruth Porter
Honored Contributor

Hi Peter,

Can you post details of your import mapping and the ini file

Regards

Ruth
http://www.teamultra.net
Jonathon Druce
Honored Contributor

My guess is that the import mapping has an external attribute called Event_id but you are not passing it anything for this. With SD_event it is allways worthwhile matching the case. For example an import mapping "EVENT" is different to one called "event".

The other thing that I have seen is that the import mapping can get corrupted and not have the correct link between the external and internal attriibutes. This will give a very similar error.

Post a screen shot of your mapping - that will help.
Peter Dent
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

Thanks for the replies, I've made some progress, in that the parameters are being accepted and I'm not getting that "not a valid attribute" error and more, I think it was case sensitive.

More questions :

1. When using SD-event, do you have to provide the ID number each time?

On our system its set so as the system provides the record ID when the item is saved.

2. How can I know what is the next record ID number to use, when this is produced by the system when using the GUI to create Service Calls?

3. There are a number of mandatory fields on the Service Call form. I have given them default values in the template used by the SD_event call. However an error message is produced saying values are required for these fields. Why?

Thanks once again for your help.
Peter
Peter Dent
Frequent Visitor

Here's a screen shot of the Import Mapping.
Raghunathan Tik
Frequent Visitor

Hi Peter,

you have mapped ID to an ID entity which is not allowed. Try to map EVent_ID to SourceID field and check if it works.

raman
Peter Dent
Frequent Visitor

Raman,

Thanks for that, I know what you mean but, every Import Mapping has to have at least one field which is nominated as the unique key field.

In my case, for Service Calls the ID field is the unique key. So I marked it as such.

I have since found out, through trial and error, that even though I marked it as the unique key field and I supplied a value for it via SD_event. It seems as though the system ignored the value I supplied and used the next value in sequence, as if the service call had been created via the client GUI.

I'm going to do more testing to verify this.

What I'm still puzzled about is, even though I put default values in the template, SD_event gives me an error message if I don't supply values in the values list of the SD_event call.

Why does SD_event not use the template default parameters?

Here's an updated screen shot of the import mapping.

Peter
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event