The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD does not resolve caller name from email

Highlighted
Naveen Karthik 1
Super Collector

SD does not resolve caller name from email

Hi

I am facing a weird problem with OVSD 5.1, I have done the email integration to create Service calls whenever an email is sent to SD. The calls are getting created but the caller names do not get associated to the call from whom the email has been received. I have the primary email address associated with each person record. Can anyone point out if I am missing something here or if I need to do anything??

Thanks in Advance
Naveen
4 REPLIES
Rory Emmans

Re: SD does not resolve caller name from email

Do you have "Current Person" defined in the E-mail template?
Naveen Karthik 1
Super Collector

Hi Rory,

I have tried both by defining current person in the SC Email template as well as without it. Also one more things I would like to inform you is when I login to the Service Pages...it recognizes and displays my email id @ the top where it displays the information of the logged in user. Any more info you need?

Thanks
Naveen
Mike Bush
Honored Contributor

Are you sure the email settings say "Only existing Person"? Your behaviour suggests it is "All users"?
Naveen Karthik 1
Super Collector

Yes...I have now defined the template as current person and even the email with the setting as "existing persons only"...now when I try to log a call it does not recognize the email existing in SD and throws back the below mentioned error* in mail. It accepts the call only if I select the option "unrestricted (no check on email address)". Also one thing I have noticed is that apart from entering the email in the primary e-mail address field. If I add an e-mail address in the "E-mail addresses" field....only then it recognizes the caller.
Also I am attaching the screen shot for reference. I am populating the primary email address by having a dbrule to copy the email value from an custom field called e-mail.
I hope it explains and gives a much better picture now.

Thanks and regards
Naveen

*Error:::
(The following error(s) occurred:
--------------------------------------------
No Person found for your E-mail address:)
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event