Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

SD Service Pages Views and Roles

Highlighted
jaume
Trusted Contributor.

SD Service Pages Views and Roles

Hi,
We want to put our Service Desk online so that customers can see service calls. The organisation items can have more than one person and we would like to give all the persons an SP account and they should be able to see all the service calls for their particular organisation.
I have read some threads and the next one seems to be the most likely solution to my question:
http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=954014
The solution attached to this thread goes through using web api to amend SP. So my question is:
-if I implement a web api application to retrive all the service calls for a particular organisation, how do I use it in order to filter the view in the SP?
The only way to run a web api application from the SP is from a rule, isn't it?
Or maybe I have misunderstood something about the web api workaround?
Thanks a lot in advance and best regards,
Jaume
4 REPLIES
jaume
Trusted Contributor.

Re: SD Service Pages Views and Roles

We are using SD 4.5 with SP 18
Tulio Quinones
Outstanding Contributor.

We are doing the same thing. However you do not need to write any web-api code. You

Make sure folder entitlement is on.

Store incidents and service calls in folder (perhaps named after organization)

Create roles that have rights to folders.

Associate sp accounts with roles.

Very important: Modify Service Pages to have no filters. Service Desk items will be displayed based folder rights.

This is somewhat high level. I can share more info if needed.
jaume
Trusted Contributor.

hi Tulio,
thanks for your reply. i would be very grateful if you send me more information about the procedure you describe:
-Make sure folder entitlement is on.
-Modify Service Pages to have no filters. Service Desk items will be displayed based folder rights.
thanks a lot again,
jaume
jaume
Trusted Contributor.

hi again,
i have looked for some information about roles in SP accounts in the administration guide and i think this is not the appropiate way to solve my problem. it seems that there is only one role for SP accounts, so there would be only one folder with view access to service calls. but we have more than 800 organizations in our SD. so, as far as we can not create 800 folders (one folder per organization), moreover SP role only can be related to one folder.
any ideas?
best regards,
jaume