The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday noon (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday noon (PST)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD Integration With Microsoft SMS

Highlighted
Esc_1
Regular Collector

SD Integration With Microsoft SMS

Hi,

I have installed SD 4.5 on win 2000 and now need to integrate SD with SMS. I have also gone throught the documents of the data exchange but cannot get a clear idea.
Can any one help me out in solving this issue. Its urgent i need to do it in this week...

Regards,
ESC
5 REPLIES
Vasily Aksenov
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SD Integration With Microsoft SMS

look at SD and OV operation integration
i think SMS integration can be done the same way
Esc_1
Regular Collector

Hi,

I hv tried the same way but it doesnt work..can you explain me in detail or can you share the doc to integrate with SMS and SD
Esc_1
Regular Collector

Can any one help me in solving this issue.
And how do i import nodes from SMS.
Jonathon Druce
Honored Contributor

There is some pre-configured SMS exports and imports when SD is installed. Effectively you need to make an ODBC connection to the SMS database. Update the ini fiels to refelect this ODBC data and then test the extraction. Next modify the ini files to get the data you want. Similarly the import mapping needs to be updated to reflect the attribute names and the fields that they are being mapped to. Start simple and build up.

Good luck if you have not had anyone show you DE.
Esc_1
Regular Collector

Hi,
Thanks for ur reply, i m trying it from the same, n alos able to export the nodes in the xml file but when i m exporting it to SD i m getting error that the CI exist, as in the XML file some of the servers or desktops doesnt have the hostname or have the same software and its shoes ?????? in the XML file and so its gives me error..can i export the table as required by me. coz in data export there is mapping of certain import mappings like software, hard disk, etc, so can i import them one by one as required by me. ANd the related search code is giving me problem while exporting it to SD.

Regards,
ESC
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event