The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD Inbound email not working

Highlighted
HPOPV+
Collector

SD Inbound email not working

Hi,
I have SD5.1 Patch2 SQl 2000 SP4 installed on windows 2003 server.
The outbound email is working fine but the inbound email is not working
This is the configuration i done:
1- checked only existing person
2- configured inbound email address (one full email address once the email befor the @)
should i configure something in the exchange server ??
am i missing something

Please advise;
9 REPLIES
jconsola20
Occasional Visitor

Re: SD Inbound email not working

You have to send the email from the exchange server to the smtp server on your Service Desk application server.
HPOPV+
Collector

Thx for you reply,
I dont know well in ms exchange can you give me details how to do it
if i created an email add in the exchange named servicedesk@company.com i should forward it to servicedesk@sdservername.company.com and i should put servicedesk or servicedesk@sdservernama.company.com in the inbound configuration ???

Please Advise;
jconsola20
Occasional Visitor

That slooks good. I just gave the exchange guys the name of the smtp server and they set up an exchange rule that forwarded all incoming mail to that address to smtp server addres. Good luck.
HPOPV+
Collector

the email is not arriving to the sd server
if i have the inbound email address servicedesk@comanpy.com
i created an email address in exchange with that name servicedesk@comanpy.com and i forwaded this email to servicedesk@sdservername.comanpy.com but nothing is arriving to that address
what is the email that i should send my email to and in this configuration what is the email address of the sd inbox
What am i missing

Regards;
Badrinath H K
Collector

Hi,

I too am having the same problem.

I am using OVSD 4.5 + SP21 and the Messaging System is Lotus Notes.

I have a mail id configured on Lotus as "ovhelpdesk@company.com" and the same has been configured on the "emial" settings on system pannel + configured inbound email address as "ovhelpdesk" + Email command "New" with Access Level "Unrestricted". The, I have asked our Mail Admin Guys to configure a "relay" on Lotus Notes to forward all mails coming to "ovhelpdesk@company.com" to my SD Server but the email seems to be not coming to SD Server as no new "Service Call" is created.

I dont know where I am going WRONG....

Please Help !!!

Thanks,
Badrinath
Marc Hummel
Frequent Visitor

As was said before the email admin's need to set up a 're-director' from the exchange server to get the mail to the smtp server for ovsd.

It is not a problem with ovsd, you need to get the admins involved for the email app.

hth, don't have a solution, just pointing you in the direction needed.

M
Wounds heel, Pain fades... chix dig scar's, oh and everybody WangChung.
sm.manager

Hi All,

All of you need to create a mail account on SD server. But I dont know how it will be created. If you guys find any solution then revert to me also.

Thanks !!
Err_1
Honored Contributor

Hi,

To Forward mails from Exchange to SD server, you need to create a new SMTP connector in the exchange box, see this thread with details and get your Exchange Admin involved... hope it helps.

http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1148031
Randall Barrantes
SW Support Delivery Manager
sm.manager

Hi Dear,

Thanks!!!

I have send mail server not exchange server. then how we can proceed with send mail server????
We need to create connector on send mail server also???

Please do reaply.......
I am in trouble.....
Reaply will be appreciated....
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event