Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD_Event - Blank / Empty Message Box

Highlighted
Marty Brown_1
Regular Collector

SD_Event - Blank / Empty Message Box

Hi all. Starting to play with using SD_EVENT for the first time today.

I have created a batch file with the following command in it (which will update an attribute on a CI record in the CMDB):

"C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\OpenView\service desk 4.5\event\bin\sd_event" -a loginid/password -s localhost -p 30980 -x KC_AUTOAUDIT -c AUTOAUDIT -m UPDATE -v CINAME=USTCAX01 AUDITDATE=0

When I run the batch file, a Windows-style Message box appears, but there is NO text telling me what the issue/error is.

The funny thing is, when I click OK on this message box, the SD_EVENT command processes my request, and I have confirmed that the ServiceDesk database does in fact get updated the way I want it to.

So, I don't know what the hiccup is. Has anybody seen something similar? Screen shot of the message box is attached.

I've tried to specify just about every parameter I can on the command line, but haven't been able to get the error message box to go away.

Thanks for any ideas!

~Marty
1 REPLY
Marty Brown_1
Regular Collector

Re: SD_Event - Blank / Empty Message Box

I figured out a WorkAround - if you put all of the command-line parameters except for the -v items in an INI file and re-craft the batch file command line, the message box no longer appears.

Sample updated Command Line in the Batch file:

"C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\OpenView\service desk 4.5\event\bin\sd_event" -f .\SD_EVENT.INI -v CINAME=USTCAX01 AUDITDATE=0

Sample sd_event.ini file:

[SD_EVENT]
LOGFILE=.\sd_event.log
ERROR_LOGFILE=.\sd_event_error.log
ACCOUNT=logonid/password
SERVER=localhost
PORT=30980
MAPPING=KC_AUTOAUDIT
CLASSNAME=AUTOAUDIT
MODUS=UPDATE
LANGUAGE=
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event