Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD_Dataform and generic relation - how to create generic relations automaticaly ?

Highlighted
Axel Jaskulski
Regular Collector

SD_Dataform and generic relation - how to create generic relations automaticaly ?

Dear all,

i'm facing a new issue within our organisation. We're currently doing a review of our change process. The outcome now is, that we have to build relations between changes. Of course this is possbile since the generic relations were introduced. So far so good ..

What i now want is - to build generic elations between two changes - possibly using an action & sd_dataform.

Has someone experience in creating generice relations automaticaly ? Is this possible at all ?

thx in advance.
3 REPLIES
Axel Jaskulski
Regular Collector

Re: SD_Dataform and generic relation - how to create generic relations automaticaly ?

Has nobody faced such an issue yet ? So bad ... :-(

The Pike
Honored Contributor

Re: SD_Dataform and generic relation - how to create generic relations automaticaly ?

Tell us what you've tried so far?
Axel Jaskulski
Regular Collector

Ok .. i tried to create a new change using sd_dataform.exe with the settings in the attached screenshot.

I would wonder if it's possible to add field to his action to build a "generic incoming relation" using the field "Configuration Item" from the Change i trigger the action from - and a Custom field (entity ref. -> CI) from already existing other changes.

To decribe the reason ...

We have get requests for changes (so called development changes in our company) that are worked in our application development and marked with a special Release No. (Entity Ref -> Configuration Item).

When all development changes for this special release are done, one new "rollout change" is created where the Configuration Item is set to the "Release No." formerly used in the "dev. changes". To enable the guys who have to approve this rollout change to read through all containments of this change - all of the "dev. changes" should have some sort of relation to this new one.

By now the only way to get this done is - to build generic relations to all of the Dev Changes where Configuration Item (in Rollout Change) is equal to Release No. (in all dev changes).

I'm not sure if this is possible .. ?!
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event