cancel

SD Clien Unresponsive / License issue

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Raymond Steele
Super Contributor.

SD Clien Unresponsive / License issue

My service desk client 4.5 resides on an HP Proliant Windows 2003 R2 Serve and connects to an Oracle db that resides on a Solaris server that runs OVOU 8.29. I was trying to install the Named/Concurrent/HelpDesk License. I removed the license that was there -> click ok, and Service Desk Client did not respond. I ended the task in the task manager and restarted the machine. Now,the SD Client splash screen shows up, but just hangs. I think it is trying to look for a license file, but there is none. The client is configured to receive trouble trickets from the OVO server automatically. How can I put the license back on the client, or get it to open it for me.
3 REPLIES
Err_1
Acclaimed Contributor.
Solution

Re: SD Clien Unresponsive / License issue

Hi,

Normally when you do nto have valid licenses in SD, when you start the SD client it looks like it is unresponsive, but it shows a pop up window for you to enter a user license to complete login).

Kill the SD client process and before restart it again, clear out the SD client cache under:
C:\Documents and Settings\\Application Data\Hewlett-Packard\OpenView\Service Desk
(remove all but the user_settings.xml)

If this does not work, look for the logserver.txt file and see what error logs when client seems unresponsive.

Regards;
Rgrds
Randall Barrantes
SW Support Delivery Manager
Raymond Steele
Super Contributor.

Thanks for your help. logserver.txt listed port conflicts. I restarted the server to clear the abundnant port connections. SD started fine afterwards.
Err_1
Acclaimed Contributor.

Excellent news it is all fixed. Too bad no points were assigned to people who helped in some way.
Randall Barrantes
SW Support Delivery Manager