Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

SD 5 and classifications

Highlighted
Gavin_30
Super Contributor.

SD 5 and classifications

Hi,

I am trying to setup a view for calls logged per classification. The one big problem I have is that it only gives me the option to select classification, this then only displays the child classification and not parents thereof. I looked at the DB and found table cdl_name and there it is only displayed as the child. How am I able to display the entire classification tree (up to 4 levels) in a view, without having an option to select parent classification.
5 REPLIES
Mark O'Loughlin
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: SD 5 and classifications

Gavin_30
Super Contributor.

TX Mark, Not good news, it looks like I will have to wait for SD5 SP1 and hopefully this would be supported
Ruth Porter
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Gavin,

Could you use an explorer view for this? Set it up to Navigate by classification and have the base view use a filter which shows the calls you want.

Hope this helps

Ruth
http://www.teamultra.net
Gavin_30
Super Contributor.

Hi Ruth,
This view is not quit what I had in mind, as I would like to export it to create reports on classifications. When I export any view it only gives me the last classification and not the Parents.
Ken Briscoe
Acclaimed Contributor.

I don't believe this is addressed in SP1.
I think there is a partial workaround though...but a while since I've done it so this is a rough answer. If in Crystal say, you can join the v_Classification view to the v_service_Call view and that will give you the parent Classification. You can then also join the v_Classification view again to already joined v_classification view and that will let you get the grandparent Classification - ie the parent oid in one in linked to the oid in the next. So works for 3 levels.
I'm sure there is a better smart SQL command to parse the tree up to the parent, but my SQL is rudimentary. HTH......Ken.
My email is kenilian@bigpond.com.au