Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD 5 and MTTR

Highlighted
Gavin_30
Collector

SD 5 and MTTR

Hi,

I am trying to get the MTTR(Mean time to Repair) of a call.
My scenario: Pending status is not accountable (which means that the time is not taken into consideration). I want the call duration to not take the time that the call is in pending status. What fields are updated with this info in order to do reporting. What is the point of having different status (Accountable, Not accountable) on Service desk status codes if it is not available for viewing.
7 REPLIES
David Borojevic
Frequent Visitor

Re: SD 5 and MTTR

Have you looked at analysed data.

When turned on, every save done on a service call where the status has changed, it adds an analysed data record with the from and to state. I believe this can then be queried to do what you want?

Analysed data has 2 ready made views - one refers to solution time and the other to work time, but you might need to do some research/testing on whether either of these takes the "accountable" attribute of the staus into account. I suspect one of them would.

I'd be interested to know how you get on.

Cheers

Gavin_30
Collector

Tx David for your reply.

I had a look at Analyzed data, but it seems that it does not take support hours into consideration when using solution time.
David Borojevic
Frequent Visitor

What about work time? I would have thought one of them would?

If not you might be able to query the database directly although it may not be easy. There are reporting add-ons like Westbury. If you search the forums or google for "Westbury" you can get more info. Not sure how much it costs though but it is allegedly very very good.

Cheers
Gavin_30
Collector

Tx David,

I checked out working time and solution time within analyzed data without success. Westbury is not an option for this solution. I am trying now to get OVPI installed and maybe that can give me something.

Is there any way to take the time a call is spent in pending state (From history lines) and use this for calculation.
David Borojevic
Frequent Visitor

Provided you are auditing the Status then yes - by querying the database you can query for a service calls related history items with the a criteria on the subject text as the system will be consistent with the subject.

If you want to query directly there are views worth looking at but also there is a post in the forum that has the schema in visio digrams. Let me know if you can't find that post - I think I have the URL somewhere.

Cheers

Gavin_30
Collector

I am auditing the status of calls. When doing and analyzed data export using "tatus time" I can see how long a call is in that state.

My problem.
1. How do I use this in order to get the MTTR? I can subtract it from the Max Duration!!!!
2. This would require lots of calculation in excel to get the right MTTR for calls that have gone into pending a couple of times.

Question.

Where then will this Non accountable state be used. It seems that it has no purpose?

Gavin_30
Collector

Hi All,

Is there anywhere in the DB that the Pending time or Non accountable time is kept for reporting purposes.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event