Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD 5 Priority and Deadline

Highlighted
Gavin_30
Collector

SD 5 Priority and Deadline

Does anyone know if it is possible to set the deadline for a priority to close of business next day.

My severities are setup as follows sev1 4 hours, sev2 8 hours, sev 3 COB next day and sev4 48 hours. I only have a prblem with sev3.

Tx in advance
7 REPLIES
Gavin_30
Collector

Re: SD 5 Priority and Deadline

Come on Guy's I'm almost certain this is possible as a deadline request, but how.
Saurabh Dubey
Honored Contributor

Hi Gavin,

I don't know whether this will be possible in SD 5.0 (technically it should). But look at the following solution (with calculation). Maybe that should give you some idea.

Assumptions, variables and facts:
1. Current Time is available (DB Rule) = variable = C
2. Max. Duration can be set to define the Deadline.
3. Close of business time is available = variable = X

Calculation:

Max. Duration = X - C + 24 (hours)

Description:

Time till "Close of business tomorrow" is 24 hours (one day) Added to time till "Close of business Today".
Time till close of business today can be calculated using the available "Close time" and "current time".

Solution:

Put a DB Rule -

When the Priority is Sev3,
Set Max Duration to add 24:00 hours to (Subtract Current time from 21:00 hours).

Or you can make it simpler and say:

When the Priority is Sev3,
Set Max. Duration to "COB tomorrow" - "Current time".

Hope this wasn't confusing... and hopw this helps...

Regards,

Saurabh
Modesty is good!! But remember, all your life other people will try and take your achievements away from you, don't make it easy for them.
Gavin_30
Collector

Hi Saurabh,

Thanks,

This seems like it will work, I got a little confused when trying to create the DB rule. Will hopefully try and get it to work.
Saurabh Dubey
Honored Contributor

Hi Gavin,

The issue is with finding the COB today. I suggest create an extra custom date/time field (in incident) which gets updated to the COB today based on the current date. This will mean one extra field and one extra rule.

Then put the following rule.

When incident is created or modified
where Priority (*) equals Sev3
Set Max Duration (Update Data) Max. duration set to (Subtract Date from (Add timespan to [COB Today] 24 hours) With (Current date))

Sorry, but my thoughts are based on SD 4.5. I am assuming that all these are there in SD 5.0.

Hope this helps...

Regards,

Saurabh
Modesty is good!! But remember, all your life other people will try and take your achievements away from you, don't make it easy for them.
Gavin_30
Collector

hi Saurabh,

Thanks for your help.

I have created the COB field for SC. I am still stumped as to how I create a DB rule to update it to display 17:00 tomorrow.

This is what I have:

Current time - 17:00 = x
x + 9.5 (support hours for next day)=COB tomorrow
How do I put this in to a db rule?
Saurabh Dubey
Honored Contributor

Hi Gavin,

First, You may not be able to set close of business tomorrow as +9.5 hours, since the COM tomorrow will be COB today + 24 hours. (5 pm every day).

Second, the rule:

I suggest that you use the sd_event.exe file to update the COB Today field to [current day 17:00 hrs.] and put the condition as priority equals Sev3.

That should help you out...

Regards,

Saurabh
Gavin_30
Collector

Hi Saurabh,

How will I use the SD_event to populate COB field for all new call created?

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event