Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD 5 Data Exchange to import Primary Email address

Highlighted
Ragu_4
Regular Collector

SD 5 Data Exchange to import Primary Email address

Hi There,
Any one tried importing data from AD (mail to map Primary email address) i am having trouble importing / mapping the mail field to primary email address! Any one shred some light on it.
7 REPLIES
Mike Bush
Honored Contributor

Re: SD 5 Data Exchange to import Primary Email address

Ragu - I think you are going to find that "Primary e-mail" has gone the same way as "Telephone" in 4.5 - because there is now a set of "children" for potential multiple addresses, the field on the person is not "real" but is generated as the object is built up! This could be quite a pain for AD imports! I think my approach MAY be to set a custom field in the baackground to hold the email address so that it can be the primary key on the import! (seems wasteful but means least alteration to working practices!). Then I can extend the import by EMAIL class to create the child!
Ken Briscoe
Honored Contributor

Hi Ragu - I believe Mike is right. I only found this the other day. I had planned to use a custom field for Email instead (since we don't want tables of emails) BUT - I'm guessing that the Primary Email is the one use to validate against inbound email when creating Service Calls. Not sure yet until I can test.
In which case all the person imports are going to have to use a separate class to import the emails. I wonder then how (on an import) you force one to be the primary. Maybe it defaults to the first. So many questions, so few answers!!!

Cheers...Ken.
My email is kenilian@bigpond.com.au
alberto teran
Occasional Contributor

Hi Ragu, first import the personal data, then import the email address.

Review the attach

Alberto
Leon B_1
Collector

Hello

I am also performing this data exchange and was wondering if you get the following error in your log?

Relation not defined: PARENT on entity ldap_person_email (id = 2)
Relation not defined: PARENT on entity ldap_person_email (id = 4)

The task is working fine, but I would like to get rid of the errors as they fill up my log! The way I see it, the error is caused by the fact that there is no relationship entity as you would see for other tasks (eg CI relationship).

Cheers,
Leon
Naveen Karthik 1
Super Collector

Hi there...

I am also facing a similar problem when I am trying to import data from AD.
In my import mapping I am doing separate imports for person details and then creating separate one for e-mail. but my question is on what basis can I relate the person record with the email...if I mention the searchcode name as external attribute for part in the email mapping ...do i also need to "reference to" to some object in the mapping?

thanks in advance
Naveen
valentin_8
Occasional Contributor

if searchcode is your relation ,then use it on import mapping of Person and also of Telephone or E-mail.

I used the Remark field where i insert the data that i use to relate all 3 (acctually 4 becouse i've related also Accounts) mappings.

So,In Remark i put from AD the value from a field named "userPrincipalName".
On Person Import Mapping i define that to be token from ID and insertede to Remark.

On Telephone i selected as Internal Entity, "Telephone". then the template i've created and then the name of the External Entity (from Import Mapping). On the PARTY i inserted the "userPrincipalName" that makes the relation with Person and then, on the Number, the Telnumber from AD.

Same for E-mail.

Instead of saying 1000 words i'll attach some screenshots where you can see the relation.

If still unclear, i'll get back later with more details on how this can be done.

Greetings,
valentin_8
Occasional Contributor

if searchcode is your relation ,then use it on import mapping of Person and also of Telephone or E-mail.

I used the Remark field where i insert the data that i use to relate all 3 (acctually 4 becouse i've related also Accounts) mappings.

So,In Remark i put from AD the value from a field named "userPrincipalName".
On Person Import Mapping i define that to be token from AD and insertede to Remark.

On Telephone i've selected as Internal Entity "Telephone" then the template i've created and then the name of the External Entity (from Import Mapping).
On the PARTY i've inserted the "userPrincipalName" that makes the relation with Person and then, on the Number, the Telnumber from AD.

Same for E-mail.

Instead of saying 1000 words i'll attach some screenshots where you can see the relation.

If still unclear, i'll get back later with more details on how this can be done.

Greetings,
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event