Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD 5.1 sp1 SLA discovery Performance

Highlighted
Rikard Ekman
Regular Collector

SD 5.1 sp1 SLA discovery Performance

Hello All,

I'm almost on the point to rename myself to SD51.Hater_2 here.

Problem:
Performance on finding related SLA from caller hirarhy is extreamly bad...
Performance for all other functions are extremly fast (for an SD5.1)

Setup:
Status: Realy realy God, all systems are go! When changed the recovery model in the SQL Server 2005 from Full to simple the system leapfroged in performance.

WinTel setup: double fast processors

Java enviroment: Initial half gig with one gig limit.

Users: around 100

Services: Hmm... 250...

SLAs: 10

Available Caller persons: 4500

Org structure: some 50 departments

SLA related mostly to root org...

So, I know it's sketchy described, but I'm of for a loong coffe break, so If you have some input for this specific, please share, I'll file an HP support case as well.

Best Regards

//Rikard

Love and Hate so close, so close connected...
Computers are evil, destroy them, destroy them all!
5 REPLIES
-=R=-
Frequent Visitor

Re: SD 5.1 sp1 SLA discovery Performance

Hey Rikard,

I'm still trying to collect enough minutes in my day to actually assign services to users / orgs (since our implementation was mysteriously devoid of Service Management). I'll throw something together on our dev system and see how it performs. We've got 1/2 as many services but twice as many everything else.

True love is mutual. Ask yourself what love OVSD 5.1 has shown you lately.
Rikard Ekman
Regular Collector

Well, any input is appriciated, since this setup will be turned loose on the users day after tomorrow...

To much work has been put in to it, otherwise I would step on the brakes right now. Might have to do that if we can't solve this issue, might call up some more steel to the setup, could be fun!

I have ask myself today many a time if this relationship with SD5.1 is bringing in any real love for me. I'm sad to say, it is only I that are trying to make this work, she's just sitting there, looking good, smiling but doing absolutly nothing for me, so no, no love today....
NMOLL
Regular Collector

I think this is related.

http://openview.hp.com/ecare/getsupportdoc?docid=QXCR1000359551

The reply I got from HP was that Patch 3 (for SD5.1) is supposed to contain some improvements in this area. The release should be late in may this year.

Rikard Ekman
Regular Collector

Yes, I just got the same message...

We could make some bearable performance by:
- Adding a high performance server for the SD cluster (where we directed all SLM processes..)
- Reducing amount of SLAs to a minimum.

Performance for SLA look up whent from around 60 secounds to 3 to 7 secounds.... Not acceptable but working until the patch. Interesting to look at the db queries that take secounds to fire on the db server. It must be the result of leting java development team adress all db quiries trough java object setter/getter classes, by replacing the object factory with normalized sql code this should have been avoided.
But, hey, I havent done serious systemdevelopment/programming for 5-7 years so I might be rusty...

//Rikard
Rikard Ekman
Regular Collector

//as above...
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event