Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD 5.1 role system question

Highlighted
AlexanderTrigub
Acclaimed Contributor

SD 5.1 role system question

Hello!

We have external logic, which interact with HPOVSD server using web-api. This external logic connects to HPOVSD with user, which has "System administrator" role. But for security, our boss decided to withdraw "System Administrator" role from this user. We created new role, gave it all privilleges for Work Order object, but our External Logic now connot change Workorder appovers approval votes with error: Modification of attribute 'approved' on entity 'approval vote' failed? because you don't have permission to modify this attribute. Can somebody tell me what privilleges should I give for my new role to solve this problem?

5 REPLIES
Err
Regular Collector

Re: SD 5.1 role system question

Hello.... open this new role and look for the Approvals Object, and grant permissions to this object as well.

Althouhg you have provided full access to Work Orders, they interact with other modules, in his case Approvals.

Good luck...

“HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
AlexanderTrigub
Acclaimed Contributor

Write privilleges for Assignment object have been granted granted but this didn't help.

Err
Regular Collector

Did you mean Approvals? or Assignment?  It should be Approvals....

“HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
AlexanderTrigub
Acclaimed Contributor

I only have Assignment object. There is no Approval object in the list of objects available for setting role privilleges.

DrFoul
Frequent Visitor

This problem seems to be described in
    http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/FID/DOCUMENTUM_QXCR1000399198
If that's the same issue, then it is fixed since patch 6.

If you're on patch 6 or higher already, then it's a different problem.

What happens if the external logic connects to OVSD with the OVSD username/password of the person who wants to approve or disapprove?

HPE Software Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please mark it as an accepted solution. Kudos are welcome.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event