Did you mean: 

SD 5.1 client

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
David R Baldwin
Regular Collector

SD 5.1 client

When I try and use the SD 5.1 client I get an error saying that it can't connect to the server. The error comes back with the hostname of my laptop and not the SD server. I have used the edit client settings program and when I test the connection in there, it all works.

I found a reference to my local host in c:\Program Files\HP Openview\data\conf\xpl\config\local_settings.ini which I have changed to be the real hostname of the server, but it still tries to connect to my laptop.

Any ideas about how I can tell it where my server really is?
5 REPLIES
Anda Apine

Re: SD 5.1 client

Is it working from server?
Try to set port also, may be it can connect to server, but does not find port.

Anda
David R Baldwin
Regular Collector

I've changed the %Server% setting in bin\ovconsole.bat to be the name of my server and that has fixed it.

Edited line 18 to be:
Server="myserver.domain.com"
Rubem Andrade
Occasional Visitor

Hi friends,
I did exactly what the suggestion above said but, the problem persists. In fact the problem occurs before this action. When I run "Edit Client Settings" and execute the Test Connection using the default account the following message appears: "Failed to connect the server. Check that the application server is running". I dont understand this can be happening. Running ovc -status I can see that the server is running.
Anybody could help me ?
Thanks.
Rubem
Bhuvnesh
Frequent Visitor
Solution

Hi,
This problem could come up if you have enabled "Ignore client settings" box in General settings tab of System settings in server. Remove it and problem should get resolved.

Regards,
Bhuvnesh
FXCISD
Collector

David,

This is the problem/bug/issue with SD 5.1 and will be resolved in SP3.

You have to untick the "ignore client settings" option from the system setting.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event