The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD 5.1: Where can it show when the software was installed

Highlighted
JasonJ
Collector

SD 5.1: Where can it show when the software was installed

Hi Guys,

Our external auditors want to know when exactly the service desk was installed. They want to see it on the System and not e-mails or final acceptance letter.

Is there any place where we can see when the system was installed?

Thanks
4 REPLIES
The Pike
Honored Contributor

Re: SD 5.1: Where can it show when the software was installed

If you're thorough with keeping logs and documentation or borderline hoarder like me, you can find your installation logs, or your oldest server log files.

Or a more practical approach, check when the HP OpenView folder was created under Program Files or wherever you installed it. Of course, if you ever uninstalled/reinstalled and removed this folder, the date will not reflect when the application was first installed accurately.

Funny. Auditors usually know how to get such info themselves... anyway...

Points for the answer are welcome.

The Pike
Err_1
Honored Contributor

If you run the OVSDsupportTool batch file, it will generate a lot of usefull stuff, including a file called: SupportInfo.log

In there, you will see a section titled: Installed jar files, with a Manifest that may give you a clue of when such files were originally installed.

Regards;
Randall Barrantes
SW Support Delivery Manager
The Pike
Honored Contributor

My good ol' SD5.10 shows 2005 for some .jar files which was suprising, considering that the last time I reimaged and reinstalled SD on it was last year.

Just saying...

Not sure if the newest releases show different stuff.

The Pike
Kumar Dilip

Hi,
I am not quiet sure, but a near guess that applog.txt inside sd --> "server" folder seems to show almost the time when our SD was installed. Pls chk the same and let us know
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event