Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

SD 5.1 Web-api Person save method

Highlighted
Jack_Hertz
Valued Contributor.

SD 5.1 Web-api Person save method

Hi all,

Is there a way to do a create or update to a person or organization record through the web-api of SD 5.1 ? I have done it with Change,Incident,Problem,ServiceCall,WorkOrder but I can't find a way to do it with Persons or Organizations.

Isn't there anything like serviceCall.save(); but for Person or organization records ?

Hope the question was clear enough :)

Cheers all
5 REPLIES
Akies
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: SD 5.1 Web-api Person save method

Hi Jack,

you mean you want to provide a service page to update person's record? If so, den you have to do 2 things:

1) provide modify/view/edit rights to the user.

2) create 2 service pages: createperson.jsp, saveperson.jsp and viewperson.jsp. For this, you can take the help of web-api docs and existing service pages.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Akies
Jack_Hertz
Valued Contributor.

You're correct on your answer but my problem is with the actual code on saveperson.jsp. It's actually going to be used via command line and not on service pages itself but that doesn't matter :).

After all the set's at the end I must put a save and I have done it on 4.5 and with incidents, servicecalls, workorders,etc on 5.1 but I can't find the saveperson method on 5.1, is there one ? is it the same ? i can't get it to work...
Akies
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi Jack,

I think it should work. But if you are saying its not working den ...

anyways, you can do one more thing..You can create some fields in one of workoredr, request, incident or change...

create a page for persons calling these fields..save them..for users,they will think that it is person details but in the backend, it vll save the value in one of the module(invisible in the form).
Then write a DB rule to execute an action passing these values to generate new person through cmd interface...You can even overwrite these values to save generating any new ticket..

I hope u got some help from this idea..

Regards,
Akies.
Jack_Hertz
Valued Contributor.

That is a pretty elaborate solution which although I think that would put too much charge on the system in a somewhat mass insert.

Do you know which jar files have the person save class on version 5.1 ?
Akies
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi Jack,

Yes, I understand that this will definitely affect the performance.

I dont have SD 5.1 installed on my machine right now. Dnt know which jar files are used to save Persons.

Regards,
Akies.