Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

SD 5.1- Unable to login to client-help needed ASAP

Highlighted
Akies
Outstanding Contributor.

SD 5.1- Unable to login to client-help needed ASAP

Hi,

I checked "ignore client settings for login" option by mistake. Now, I am not able to login to the client. I have done evrything written in the workaround document i.e, in ovconsole.bat file, I added -DServer=
can anyone help in getting the field/oid of this option in "rep_general_settings table where I can reset the value??

Kindly help ASAP.

Regards,
Akies
10 REPLIES
Akies
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: SD 5.1- Unable to login to client-help needed ASAP

any1 with solution??
sandeep_
Honored Contributor.

Hi Akies,

Could you try including the hostname and IP address in the host file of your system. Then delete the cache, take a copy of OvObsClient.conf and delete it.

Let me know the status.

Regards,
Sandeep
Raman Shcharbak
Honored Contributor.

Seems that this is not an easy procedure to modify this parameter in DB table. It is not a sindle row... I hope that ms sql profiler trace file (attached) will help you to figure out how to solve your problem. Trace was captured during pressing apply button on general settings window after unchecking "gnore client settings for login" checkbox
Akies
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi,

Thanks for the inputs.

The trace file is not getting opened..Wats the program to open it???

Also,Sandeep: I did all the steps as mentioned by u but its nt working.

Regards,
Akies
Raman Shcharbak
Honored Contributor.

Trace file can be opened by MS SQL Server 2000 Profiler (It is included in Server installation) (On a host with installed MS SQL 2000: Programs - MS Sql - Profiler)
Raman Shcharbak
Honored Contributor.

In attach there is another view of this trace - as MS SQL Script - you can see its contents in text viewer. As you will see - there are some stored procedure calls. There is a possibility to run this script by hand and probably it will do its job. (if you are using MS SQL)
Akies
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi Roman,

Thanks for the reply but I am using oracle as database.

I am not at all able to find out how can i resolve this issue. Will it work if i "Repair" my SD installation??

Also, my ovloginsv service is not running. Do u have any isea about the ports that it uses or any other cause for this?

PS: I will assign the points once I get the solution.

Regards,
Akies
sandeep_
Honored Contributor.

Hi Akies,

Could try telnet and let me know the result. "telnet 30999". Want to check if a connection is established, if the telnet window remains open then the connection is fine.

Regards,
Sandeep
Akies
Outstanding Contributor.

Problem resolved. I had to reset the values of "set_value" field in the "rep_general_settings" table, cleared the log files and cache and restarted the services
Akies
Outstanding Contributor.

solution as explained above