Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

SD 5.1 SP6 -Good to Have Relationship

Highlighted
Hadi Kazemi
Respected Contributor.

SD 5.1 SP6 -Good to Have Relationship

Hi,
I am currently using OVSD5.1 SP6, I am following the instruction layout in the release note showing how to create relationship, I Give up waiting for answer from support consultants.

When I create the relationship using the vanilla database I do not get the relationship window to add the related items.

Example is shown in page 53 of the release note.

For those who have not got access to the release, here is a brief exercise.
Relate priority to severity.

I am not sure if I am missing a step somewhere, I appreciate your input, please see the attached file for the steps.

Regards

Hadi
3 REPLIES
Ruth Porter
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: SD 5.1 SP6 -Good to Have Relationship

Hi Hadi,

You have to set up a form for the relevant code which includes the relationships.

So if you want to relate priority to severity, first note what fields currently appear on the form for each one. Next go to Presentation>forms and do a new form for either. Set it up to have the fields that you noted above and in addition drag accross referenced from and referring to.

Save the form, then go to Data>codes and open one of the codes and you will see the area you need is now there.

Hope this helps, Ruth
http://www.teamultra.net
Hadi Kazemi
Respected Contributor.

Hi Ruth,
What a great pleasure to hear from you,
I was planning to use this for our existing form which includes both fields.
Setting the relationship between Call type<>priorities.
As you are aware we have number of call types incident, service request etc. and a range of priorities list which covers the whole range.
Do I need to recreate the form or can I delete the field from the form after saving re-inserts them and save again?

Regars,

Hadi

Hadi Kazemi
Respected Contributor.

Hi Ruth,

Your explanation was fine; I did not read it properly. I managed to do this, having spoken to JL, no problem.

This appears to work, but sometimes it does not show the related list.

Regards

Hadi