Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD 5.1 SP1 (win)

Highlighted
Dzmitryj Jakavu
Collector

SD 5.1 SP1 (win)

Hi folks
I've just download SDSK_00100 ( SP1 for SD 5.1 win)
Am I right that SP installation equals uninstalling the SD 5.1 and installing this SDSK_00100 and use the same database?
Are there any chance that something will go wrong.
If anybody did this please let me know !
Thanks in advance
6 REPLIES
Andrey Moisseye
Occasional Contributor

Re: SD 5.1 SP1 (win)

I've done this. It was successful but with one error later. CTRL-21 SSL certificate verification error, ovc -status not working,
but server is up and running. If you will do ovc -kill the ovc -start error above appears.
David R Baldwin
Regular Collector

Hi,

we have patched two of our servers so far and it went smotohly on the first, but was a disaster on the second. The problem with the second patching was we didn't have the SQL database running. The patch also patches the database, so it needs to be live so the patch can work.

Apart from that just using the UPGRADE option in the installation works fine and you should keep your database.

David.
JaS_4
Honored Contributor

Thanks David. That might be the reason why my upgrade failed. I did an ovc -kill before I started.
Andrey Moisseye
Occasional Contributor

Yes when DB alive it works. thanks
André Miranda
Super Collector

Just upgraded from 5.0 SP1 to 5.1 SP1 and it went smoothly. Did an upgrade, using the same DB (up and running, of course).

As for the procedure, I set the system user to defaults (user:system/pass:openview), just in case, and upgraded the DB with all application servers down with ovc -stop and then ovc -kill.

Don't forget to backup your DB previously :)

Good luck
Dzmitryj Jakavu
Collector

closed
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event