Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD 5.1 SP1 and Vista

Highlighted
André Miranda
Super Collector

SD 5.1 SP1 and Vista

Hi all,

Any thoughts on SD 5.1 SP1 client with Vista? I'm having some trouble installing the client...
8 REPLIES
JaS_4
Honored Contributor

Re: SD 5.1 SP1 and Vista

Currently, SD is not supported on Vista but some forum users have got sd 4.5 client running on Vista. No news on whether anyone got it running with sd 5.1 sp1 client.
André Miranda
Super Collector

I don't want to believe that HP isn't thinking about Vista support in SD...
JaS_4
Honored Contributor

All I am saying it's currently not supported by HP but I am sure HP is reviewing it and will support it in the near future but HP cannot say they support Vista until they have tested it thoroughly.
André Miranda
Super Collector

I understand that.
Looks like Microsoft is giving a hard time to Java with Vista.
JaS_4
Honored Contributor

I found this on the forum yesterday. http://openview.hp.com/ecare/getsupportdoc?docid=ITSM008572
It mentioned that HP will review vista for sd 4.5 in sp23.
There is also this http://openview.hp.com/ecare/getsupportdoc?docid=QXCR1000383560 for sd 5.1 but no dates.
André Miranda
Super Collector

I found that you can use SD 5.1 client in Vista if you copy the whole HP OpenView folder from XP to the new Vista Program Files folder, and re-create the Start menu shortcuts. You then need to setup up the user account.

After these steps, everything should be up and running with Vista.
If you try to install the client, the installer reports an error, and doesn't allow you to properly install.

Hope this helps.
JaS_4
Honored Contributor

Cool. Thanks for the steps.
André Miranda
Super Collector

Anyway, this is not a 'proper' solution. Today I'll test the Webstart on Vista and report later.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event