SD 5.1 _SLA CREATION

Highlighted
Rahul Kumar Gup
Frequent Visitor

SD 5.1 _SLA CREATION

HI all,

SD 5.1,
Database: MSSQL 2005 WITH SP2

whenever anybody creates any incident. If it is not resolved within 4 hours, escalate to somebody, if he is not doing within 6hours then again escalate to somebody. Atleat escalate to most senior person. How it can be done automatically.
PLease send me any doc for same at rahul4985@rediffmail.com
Regds,
Rahul
7 REPLIES
Rahul Kumar Gup
Frequent Visitor

Re: SD 5.1 _SLA CREATION

Can anybody help me for SLA CONFIGURATION.

REGDS,
RAHUL
-=R=-
Frequent Visitor

Hey Rahul,

The only way I know of to even attempt this is to build database rules that re-evaluate after X hours. The problem with this is it very rapidly queues up scheduled tasks. We have ONE rule that fires a maximum of one time during a ticket's life. That rule has stacked up so many scheduled tasks, that our entire OVSD 5.1 implementation is ruined.

For months now we've been wrestling with rules that don't seem to trigger, and thus don't fire. I'd say about 10% of all our business logic is currently misfiring, but its been as bad as 75%.

I really don't think OVSD 5.1 has the flexibility to offer you this functionality, and if it does, it most certainly does not have the endurance to maintain the solution for long.
-=R=-
Frequent Visitor

... but just in case, lets get some more details on the process.

1) Is the first escalation point a fixed person or variable depending on the Service, Assigned WorkGroup, etc?

2) Is the second escalation point a fixed person or variable depending on the Service, Assigned WorkGroup, etc?

3) Is the "most senior person" fixed or variable?

3b) If its variable, do you have a data element that stores who the "most senior person" is?

Rahul Kumar Gup
Frequent Visitor

Do we need any other license for SLA creation.As currently we are having:-
1. HP OpenView Helpdesk Manager 5.0 (LTU=1) 2. HP OpenView SD 5.0 1 Named User (LTU=5) See attached services status:-

I logged a case with HP, they say that u have to buy seperate SLM license for SLA creation.
Can u send me any doc how to create database rules at
rahul4985@rediffmail.com

Regds,
Rahul
AndrewB
Regular Collector

That is correct, you need to purchase the SLM module and apply the license key. You will then be able to start the SLM services.

You should be able to get it for cheap right now :)

Good luck!
-=R=-
Frequent Visitor

Rahul,

Before you let them con you into buying anything extra, get on the phone with C&I, Support, or whoever's word is gospel over at HP these days. Be absolutely, positively, 110%, swear-on-your-mother's-grave sure that you'll be able to do what you want with the SLM module engaged. If I were in your shoes I'd demand a working proof of concept demonstrated on a test system before I put one red penny on the table.

Make 'em work for those dollars Rahul. Don't think for a second that they're above selling you something they know won't suit your needs.
Rahul Kumar Gup
Frequent Visitor

Craete database rules for same.

Regds,
rahul
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event