Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD 5.1 Referenced attributes when deleting Organizations

Highlighted
Leonardo De San

SD 5.1 Referenced attributes when deleting Organizations

Hi hi,

I have SD 5.1 and I'm trying to delete an Organization, but when I do it a popup says that there are SC referenced (see attach).
I don't know how to delete the field "ToExternalOrganization", where is it in my SC (I can't delete SC, but I could modify fields values)?

Is there another way to delete objects avoiding these problems?

Thanks
points available
3 REPLIES
The Pike
Honored Contributor

Re: SD 5.1 Referenced attributes when deleting Organizations

Evidently, the warning message is a control mechanism so no orphaned entities (relations) are left in the SD database.

As you can see, the item SD is complaining about is Service Calls tied to the Organization you are trying to delete.

'To External Organization' is an out-of-the-box field in the Service Call entity.

I haven't tried, but in theory, you could try and do an Advanced Find search for Service Calls tied to that particular Organization based on the 'To External Organization' field and do an Update All to relate them to a dummy Organization or another valid Organization.

Hope that helps. Don't forget to assign points...
Leonardo De San

Ok thank you, I knew these things.
But the problem is that I don't find the field "ToExternalOrganization", do you know how to find it?
With "Advanced find" it does not appear!
Leonardo De San

I see that the field regards SLA and Services, so I think that SC are linked to the Organization by the calculation of SLA, but now how can I unrelate the SLA?
Do I have to remove it and create a new one? (I think I'll have wrong values for it!)
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event