Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

SD 5.1 How to access Unique Person Key

Highlighted
Hadi Kazemi
Respected Contributor.

SD 5.1 How to access Unique Person Key

Hi,
I am trying to use loadobject to import incidents captured by the call centre, we have over 5000 clients with lots of duplicate names. I have managed to import SC’s but don’t know what to use as a unique key for person and how to access this on the import mapping.

If any of you have done this, would you mind letting me know what you have used and how.
In the case of duplicate person name what key should be used and how you map this?

I appreciate your contribution.
16 REPLIES
George M. Meneg
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: SD 5.1 How to access Unique Person Key

Hello Hadi,

Normally as unique key "searchcode" is selected but you can choose anything.

Our clients are coming from our billing system so the unique problem is solved for us.
menes fhtagn
Hadi Kazemi
Respected Contributor.

Hi,

The Search could is not Unique, system allows duplicate I managed to used the this but duplicates casue the problem.

I have problem in mapping values like the OID, could not get it to work.

Rytis Damalakas
Super Contributor.

Hi,
For example two people call to call center having the same names? How call center people know who is who? Of course you can differentiate by organization, but what do they do if two people from the same organization have the same names?

Rytis
Hadi Kazemi
Respected Contributor.

Hi Rytis

Person will identified by the organisation, location, department.

Would you know how to use multiple fields in the import mapping to lookup person?
Rytis Damalakas
Super Contributor.

Hello, Hadi

Impor value "person_searchcode +organisation_searchcode+ location+department_searchcode" into person field "sourceID" and use it for lookup in incidents.

If you have access to call center database, where persons are stored then you can use any primary key instead in persons database table instead

Rytis
Hadi Kazemi
Respected Contributor.

Hi Rytis

I can get the call centre to include the personâ s OID in the incident they have logged. I am not sure in data exchange how and where to define reference to personâ s OID when importing Service calls, I can not see where you map this?

Regards

Hadi
Rytis Damalakas
Super Contributor.

Hi,
Ok, i expect you imported OID value in field person.sourceid

Then open service call import mapping and look for field caller. Open it.

Enter value for "reference to" - click button "quick find" and select source id value (look at column search code). Another way to do it - just type text "Source ID" in that field. Now enter value for "external attribute" and thats it.

I attached example how should it look

Rytis
Hadi Kazemi
Respected Contributor.

Hi Rytis,

Many thanks for getting back to me; the OID I was refereeing to is the person OID.
We initially supplied the call centre with the list of all people we support this database included the OID from the person record as a unique identifier. The call centre, whilst they are recording the incident they will if identify the person from a list of People on the supplied database (as mentioned before there could be more than one person with the same name, the agent at the call centre during the course of conversation through department, organisation, location and position will identify the caller).

This incident is then sent to us by call centre which will contain the unique persons OID. I am trying to import the incident into the openview.

However, I also tried what you assumed, I copied the OID value in the SOURCE_ID of the person record and tried importing the incidentrecord and got the attached error.

I really appreciate your comment and help. I hope I am making sense, if not please let me know.

Regards

Hadi

Hadi Kazemi
Respected Contributor.

I have a also attached the import mapping infor for your infromation
Rytis Damalakas
Super Contributor.

Hi,
I expect there are two problems:
1. You checked that caller is primary key, but service call source id field should be primary key. That way if two sc come from the same person import will think that it is the same sc (because primary identification key is the same)
2. Error says that it cant find person, which has value 269570864481510393 field persons.sourceid (or maybe it finds two persons and cant decide)

Rytis
Mark O'Loughlin
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

does your company use employee serial numbers and if so are they unique?

You could look at updating the person reocrds with the employee codes and have the user identify themselves via employee number.

That is of course if you use unique employee numbers!!
Hadi Kazemi
Respected Contributor.

Hi Ryits,

I checked the database and this is the only one, I am really grateful for your comments
I am going to change this value to check it again and keep you posted, need to get this resolved.

Mark,

Isn't what you suggeting the same as Ryits, if we assume that the Source_id to be unique.

Regards

Hadi
Hadi Kazemi
Respected Contributor.

HI Rytis,

You mentioned in your last comment that: service call source id field should be primary key.

I have now changed this, i am getting the error:

SERVER RESPONSE=ERROR: This instance of CC2SD can not be processed, because not all primary keys values have been provided

Regards

Hadi
Rytis Damalakas
Super Contributor.

Error says that you dont provide value for primary key (or maybe thera are some errors).

One way to solve this problem is to "divide and conquere" - give values for all mandatory fields in sc template, which you use for import and it should start to work, just some wont import. Then one by one you could find all errors.

And could you show how you invoke load object - maybe there are some problems in providing values for import?

Rytis
Hadi Kazemi
Respected Contributor.

Hi Rytis/Mark,

I must be missing something guys; I am going to start again and hope to cover all my steps.

Objective: To import new incidents or update the existing incidents received by the centre (the Call centre do not use HPOpenview).

Method of Migration: ovobsloadobject

Call centre are supplied with the database which contains the list of the clients (persons), the above database contains duplicate names (as well a search code).

So far:
I have managed to import incidents when the caller name is unique without any problem, for this import I used the caller search code.

Problem:
When I tried importing incidents where there are more than one person, it fails I assume this is due to duplicate search code.

To overcome the duplication, I was trying to use the Person OID key but could not see this on the import mapping. Then I took Rytis idea and stored a unique value on the person Source_id, or Markâ s suggestion which is Unique User ID field I have added to the person record.

I attached the details together with the error message I am getting, also included the person record for your information.

I hope this helps. Once more many thanks for you input.

Regards

Hadi
Hadi Kazemi
Respected Contributor.

Many Thanks for all the input.