SD 5.1 Data Structure/Dictionary

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Sandra Sparrow
Trusted Contributor.

SD 5.1 Data Structure/Dictionary

Hi

I'm trying to create a report (SQL) from the database which contains a list of all my active GROUPS and MEMBERS. I'm having trouble finding the correct table that links the WorkGroup with the Members. Can any one offer any help.

Thanks
Sandra
4 REPLIES
JoHo
Super Contributor.

Re: SD 5.1 Data Structure/Dictionary

Try to generate the reporting views. This creates several views (name starting with "v_") which can be used a lot easier than the actual tables. Not really sure, but there is a good chance that one of these reporting views contains what you are looking for.

hth
JoHo
Sandra Sparrow
Trusted Contributor.

Thanks....How do I go about generating the reporting views?
JoHo
Super Contributor.
Solution

System Settings - Report Settings

Press the "(Re)generate database views for reporting" button. You can leave all options unchecked for the first trials. This should work fine in OVSD5.1 (there were some issues with this in 5.0).

Then look for the views named v_* in the databese. If I remember correctly, the OVSD logfiles will contain the actual sql statements used to create these views, might be helpful later in case you want to adapt one of the default views and create your own. The statements show how the tables are joined to create these views - I used this to speed up the views by removing the joins needed for information I did not need in the respective view.

hth
JoHo
Sandra Sparrow
Trusted Contributor.

Thanks I'll try that.