The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD 5.0 Views

Highlighted
RF Doherty
Occasional Contributor

SD 5.0 Views

Hi,

I am trying to create a customised Person view in SD 5.0. I want to add columns which include the secondary phone numbers and e-mail addresses from the "Contact Details" tab of the Person form. However these are not offered in the list of available fields to add to the view.

The primary e-mail address and phone number are automatically copied to corresponding fields in the main body of the form (ie the left hand side). I guess this is why they are available for selection when creating a view. Can I replicate this behaviour for other data?

Thanks,

Roy
3 REPLIES
Ruth Porter
Honored Contributor

Re: SD 5.0 Views

Hi Roy,

I think you may need to use an explorere viw fro this and add these details ina leaf. I do not have my copy of version 5 up and running at the moment but if you need more help with this just ask and I will run it up (will take a long while cos version 5 is so resource hungry - or slow as we call it!!)

Regards, Ruth
http://www.teamultra.net
RF Doherty
Occasional Contributor

Hi Ruth,

Thank you for your reply.

I had considered using an explorer view. However, I need to use a table view so that I can export the data to a spreadsheet or print it as a report containing the information for all Person records. I don't think you can do that with an explorer view.

Roy
MarkvL
Honored Contributor

Hi Roy,

You would need to create custom fields for the secondary phone numbers and e-mail addresses and fill them through data exchange with the desired data. Than you can add those custom fields to a view without any problem.

Mark
HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event