SD 5.0 Installtion Errors

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
SajiS
New Member.

SD 5.0 Installtion Errors

Hi,

I am installing SD 5.0 on windows 2003 servicepack1 and MS SQL 2000 SP4 DB.
I am getting an error â ovcreg.exe â unable to locate Componentâ
This application has failed to start because OvXpl.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

Also the installation aborted after â Failure insatalling: package HPOvSlmVw 1.005005 (HP OpenView SLM Report viewer)

Any ideas??

I am trying to install using â remote desktopâ .

Thanks and regards,
Saji

4 REPLIES
JaS_4
Acclaimed Contributor.
Solution

Re: SD 5.0 Installtion Errors

Hi Saji,

I had similar problem and go around this by looking for the missing dll on the dvd and add the path of the directory where this dll resides on to my PATH env variable.
It fixed that particular error.

Also, installation is not reliable via remote desktop. Install directly.

Don't forget to allocate the points. :)
Madanagopal
Trusted Contributor.

Hi,

May i know through which medium you tried to install SD5.0. If you are installing it through file share.These kind of problems may occur.Try to take a dump of installable completely into the local harddisk and try installing.Before reinstalling try to purge the previous installed folders completely.

Regards,
Karthic
SajiS
New Member.

Hi Jason,

I have copied the OvXpl.dll from NNM server to local folder in service desk server and set the path to that folder. Still I have errors, though this one is different.

Hi Karthic,

I am installing with the dump in the local disk.

Regards,
Saji
JaS_4
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Saji,

I found this url http://forums.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=718947

that mentioned the ovXpl.dll was available on NNM. Your ovxpl.dll version from NNM may not be the right one for SD.

Try searching for it on the SD server as it may have installed ovxpl.dll on it even though it could not find it.

My SD 5.0 ovxpl.dll is in c:\program files\hp openview\bin. Size is 1329 kb and version is 2.61.41.0 dated 14/11/2005.

Check if your ovxpl.dll is there on your SD server and make sure that directory is in your PATH env variable and remove the NNM version is it is not the same.

If you need my copy of ovxpl.dll, I'll attach it here. I'm monitoring this thread so I will respond to new post.