Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD 5.0 Auto Format

Highlighted
Mohammed Albust
Collector

SD 5.0 Auto Format

Hello,

I would like to set a conditional auto format for work orders that exceeds deadline. I remember in 4.5 it was done through auto format with the attribute "todeadline is less than 0". Now I'm trying to use the same method in 5.0 but it's giving me an error saying "condition attribute is calculated".
4 REPLIES
Mike Bush
Honored Contributor

Re: SD 5.0 Auto Format

Unfortunately this seems to be one of the facilities which has "dropped out of" release 5 during the GUI re-write. But when you consider how badly 4.5 performed if TO_DEADLINE was in view and you retrieved more than a few records, then perhaps it is just as well!

If you seriously need this back you will need a Scheduled DB RULE which tests whether the WO is "closed" (whatever state(s) you use for that) when the DEADLINE is hit and if it's NOT CLOSED then set a custom number field ESCALATED. Then your VIEW can format on the custom field.
Mohammed Albust
Collector

Hello,

if the auto format is not supported in SD 5.0 then, What is the best attribute to use inorder to trigger an email to be sent to a person when deadline is exceeded?
Ruth Porter
Honored Contributor

Hi there,

If you use Mike's suggestion of setting a custom field to a value using a DB rule, then you can use this field being chnaged to have the value which menas Deadline exceeded to trigger your email

Hope this helps

Ruth
http://www.teamultra.net
Mohammed Albust
Collector

No auto format for computed attributes. to trigger an email, set a database rule to send an email where deadline is anything and evaluate the rule before/after deadline.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event