Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

SD 4.5 sp37 and MS Exchange 2010

Highlighted
Denis_35
Honored Contributor.

SD 4.5 sp37 and MS Exchange 2010

Does SD 4.5 sp37 work fine with MS Exchange 2010?

I haven't found any usefull information in description of sp37.

3 REPLIES
Err
Super Contributor.

Re: SD 4.5 sp37 and MS Exchange 2010

Is there any particular issue that you are having with this configuration?

The version of Exchange should not be a problem, since SD simply sends the notification via its own SMTP server and if there is an Exchange server in the middle, this Exchange should jst route the email to the proper inbox.

The same is you are using inbound emails, the users send the email to SD, probably arrives to Exchange, and then exchange routes that email (via the Exchange connector) to SD, who then receives it via its own SMTP service.

Regards;

“HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
Denis_35
Honored Contributor.

My client wants to upgrade Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2010.

I remember that was some issues with incoming mail. For example http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/FID/DOCUMENTUM_ITSM009366

And it interesting to me - does officially SD sp37 support integration with MS Exchange 2010.

The Pike
Acclaimed Contributor.

That very same document you made reference to is titled "Handle emails with attachment sent via Exchange 2007/2010".  Fix version reads: "Solved in Service Desk 4.5 SP26".

I found no statements in the documentation of recent Service Packs about officially supporting a specific messaging platform.  With the myriad of e-mail solutions and formats available out there, it is no wonder why HP decided to stick to supporting Plain Text format only.

Exchange/Outlook 2007/2010 include a few new attributes in e-mail headers to comply with a certain SMTP RFC, which is what made that specific platform fail miserably with Service Desk inbound e-mails with attachments.

Now, how about you show some love and give Kudos to community members taking interest in helping you out?

The Pike