Did you mean: 

SD 4.5 recommended number of client connections

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
jconsola20
Occasional Visitor

SD 4.5 recommended number of client connections

We have gotten the approval to upgrade our hardware for our SD environment. Right now we have an Application Server and A Datbase Server. We have 41 user licenses and 20 concurrent users.
Eventually all of IT will be SD users. So, we will have arounf 150 users.
I looked at the hardware and system requirements for each server and those are fine. My question is how many users can I have connected to one application server before I will start to see performance issues? Will I needs to have a multiple application server environment?
3 REPLIES
JaS_4
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: SD 4.5 recommended number of client connections

If I remember correctly, in the guide or some other documentation, it's 100 users per apps servers or instances.
If your HW has enough grunt, you just need to create an extra apps server instance but if not, you will need another box for an additional apps server.
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Hi,

in addition to creating an extra application server service on the system bear in mind that if you only have 1 system and if that fails you loose OVSD. If you can get another system you can run 1 application server service on each and have redundancy. If you have enough "grunt" on each server you can install 2 application server services on each system.

jconsola20
Occasional Visitor

Thanks for the input.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event