The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD 4.5 java.lang.nullpointerexception

Highlighted
Adam Wasikowski
Acclaimed Contributor

SD 4.5 java.lang.nullpointerexception

I am trying to open SD 4.5 and receive following error:
java.lang.nullpointerexception

What should I do?

Regards
Adam
4 REPLIES
Jay Mistry
Frequent Visitor

Re: SD 4.5 java.lang.nullpointerexception

Adam,

You need to clear down the cache on that machine.
go to C:\Documents and Settings\$USER PROFILE$\Application Data\Hewlett-Packard\OpenView\Service Desk and delete the folder called cache
Rajesh Nair
Esteemed Contributor

Please go to the path mentioned below & delete all the files/folders except User_setting. XML file
C:\Documents and Settings\\Application Data\Hewlett-Packard\OpenView\Service Desk\

Incase you are unable to view the APPLICATION DATA folder in your login profile, then click on TOOLS ------> FOLDER OPTION ------> VIEW---------> SHOW HIDDEN FILES & FOLDERS.

Regards

Rajesh
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Hi,

you should rename the service desk folder rather then delete it. It will be recreted from new once you open a new client session.

It contains the views.dat which is the users personal views. Some users get annoyed if you delete this on them.

If after renaming the service desk folder and trying a new connection you can then copy back the views.dat.
Marc Hummel
Frequent Visitor

I like Mark's suggestion the best.
Wounds heel, Pain fades... chix dig scar's, oh and everybody WangChung.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event