SD 4.5 integration with LDAP

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
ACCMC
Trusted Contributor.

SD 4.5 integration with LDAP

Hi people, I have a problem ...

I promise you than I have read a lot about this theme in the forum, I have proved Radovan's tools and other tools, I have proved different LDAP's browsers and ... I don't be able to connect with LDAP corporate server.

The LDAP corporate server works with LDAP V3 protocol, SSL and needs a CA certificate for conecting to him.

Connection: ldaps://
Server: ldap.xxx.es
Port: 636
User: Aplication Manager

Is possible a data exchange process (ldap.ini --> xml --> import mapping) in that conditions???

Does SD 4.5 (SP24) support a LDAP connection with certificate???

What can I do??? Thank a lot!!!
5 REPLIES
Radovan Skolnik
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: SD 4.5 integration with LDAP

Good to hear you have tried my tool. To answer your questions:

SD out of the box only supports connection to LDAP in the form that Data Exchange can extract data from LDAP and put them into XML.

My tool does basically the same however in more flexible and usable way.

I think none of these supports SSL out of the box. I have tried to add support for it for one guy but it didn't work as expected. He even provided the keystore with keys but it failed. I can provide a version to try this...
ACCMC
Trusted Contributor.

Thanks Radovan, I thought that! I'm very interesting ...

Why HP hasn't integrated a complete LDAP support in 26 patchs? I think that this theme es very important in these times ...

We are migrating all corporate´s applications to LDAP. We need login in the applications using LDAP and I think that SD 4.5 can't do it, no?

Can we resume then???

SD 4.5 + LDAP Synchronization for extract information and import it (without SSL and certificate) = OK :-))

SD 4.5 + LDAP Synchronization for extract information and import it (with SSL and certificate) = Opps! :-((

SD 4.5 + LDAP Login (login in SD through LDAP user and password) = Opps! :-((

And, I'm ending, What's about SD 5.0 with LDAP login and LDAP synchronization?? Somebody knows something??
Radovan Skolnik
Acclaimed Contributor.
Solution

> Can we resume then???
Sure.

> SD 4.5 + LDAP Synchronization for extract information and import it (without SSL and certificate) = OK :-))
No problem should be here - my extractor should work.

> SD 4.5 + LDAP Synchronization for extract information and import it (with SSL and certificate) = Opps! :-((
OK. Send me an e-mail to radovan@skolnik.info and I will send you beta version with information on how to test with SSL and certificate. Maybe we can make this work. OK?

> SD 4.5 + LDAP Login (login in SD through LDAP user and password) = Opps! :-((
A big surprise here: this is possible! Currently I am finishing SingleSignOn for Sd client (both old one and 2008) as well as WEB-API for SD 4.5 based on Windows NT domain information. I will be releasing in few days. If that is not sufficient enough for you I can extend this to LDAP very easily.

> And, I'm ending, What's about SD 5.0 with LDAP login and LDAP synchronization?? Somebody knows something??
SD 5.x is as dead as it can possibly be (shame on HP for being late with the thing for 2 or 3 years and abandoning it few months after they got it out). I believe when my SSO is out (in combination with the extractor) you can easily achive the same level on functionality in 4.5 as in 5.x
ACCMC
Trusted Contributor.

It's great!!! In a moment I write you a mail ...
Radovan Skolnik
Acclaimed Contributor.

Just to shamelessly bump this one:

In the latest version of LDAP Exporter there is a support for connecting over SSL/TLS (no need for any certificate) besides other improvmenets. See here: http://www.skolnik.info/sdutils/ldap/readme.html

Also, there is a support for authenticating SD4.5 against LDAP server (be it AD/Novell/...) in my SSO package: http://www.skolnik.info/sdutils/sso/readme.html