Did you mean: 

SD 4.5 disable fields according to status

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Pedro Vega
Acclaimed Contributor

SD 4.5 disable fields according to status

¿How do I disable/enable fields according to the status of a Service Call in Service Desk 4.5?
5 REPLIES
Michel SILVA SO
Occasional Visitor

Re: SD 4.5 disable fields according to status

Hello Pedro,

In fact you can't! But a workarround would be to play with the sub-from functionality that enable you to make appear or disappear fields on the form by inserting or not subforms. This feature is available from SP 18. You can find info on the "sd45_sp20_addendum_en.pdf" document (page 221).

Hope this helps,
Rgds,
Michel.
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Hi,

you can also make fields mandatory for a status by using an "error" pop up notification in a UI rule that is set to fire on save. Until the fields contain something the call cannot be saved
Michel SILVA SO
Occasional Visitor

By the way if it is related to access rights or roles you could foresee to use FOLDERS to only grant access to right persons when the status has changed. When the status change you change the Folder value and only the right persons are allowed to change the fields you try to protect.

Rgds,
Michel
Pedro Vega
Acclaimed Contributor

First of all thanks for the responses
My specific problem is this:
I do have like 5 or 6 status per Service Call Tha last two status are "Completed" and "Closed". What we want is that our Help Desk people should be not able to change any field of the SC, when the status is "Completed", except for the status field itself, so they can change it from "Completed" to "Closed". If I use Folder Entitlements or Status Entitlements, these peolpe can not chenge the status from Completed to Closed, because they don´t see the status "Closed", they cannot choose it, because is not appearing.

Thanks
Michel SILVA SO
Occasional Visitor
Solution

The only solution I see here is to entable the statuses before "completed" and "closed" that will have as effect that all fields are read only. You could use the smart action to trigger an SD_EVENT or SD_import that would change the Status from "completed" to "closed" in the background. Be carreful do not use sd_dataform it is executed with user rights and would not work in this case...

Hope this helps,
Rgds,
Michel
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event