Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD 4.5 (SP29) - String 64K Advanced Search

Highlighted
Anthony Funkhou1
Occasional Advisor

SD 4.5 (SP29) - String 64K Advanced Search

I remembered sometime ago seeing a post that discussed being able to perform searches on the String 64K Custom Field. However, I cannot find the technical document or figure out how to perform this search. I seem to remember that there was a data type conversion that needs to take place when you upgrade your database. Any help is appreciated.
4 REPLIES
Err_1
Honored Contributor

Re: SD 4.5 (SP29) - String 64K Advanced Search

Hello,

You are talking about the conversion to CLOB fields during the service pack DB upgrade.

This is for SD connected to Oracle DB... if you are on MS SQL searches over 64K fields are available.

I have seen that performing advance find over 64K fields normally cause large and inefficient queries against the DB causing some performance issues. I though you might want to know this, and preferably test it before allowing your users to have this "feature".

Points are welcome.

Regards;
Randall Barrantes
SW Support Delivery Manager
Saurabh Dubey
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Can you give a little more information about the environment that you are operating in? or the purpose of doing this?

From what I understand, an Advanced Find on a Custom Field should run without any conversion.

Hope this helps..

Saurabh
Modesty is good!! But remember, all your life other people will try and take your achievements away from you, don't make it easy for them.
Err_1
Honored Contributor

Saurabh,

Advanced Find on a Custom Field do run without any conversion, except for 64K fields...

For 64K fields you need to either 1. use MS SQL DB or 2. convert to CLOB during upgrade.

Regards;
Randall Barrantes
SW Support Delivery Manager
Saurabh Dubey
Honored Contributor

Hi Err,

Thanks for the clarification. I was referring to the MS SQL DB situation and that's why I asked for the environment that Anthony is operating in.

regards

Saurabh
Modesty is good!! But remember, all your life other people will try and take your achievements away from you, don't make it easy for them.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event