The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD 4.5 SP20, server failing and failing

Highlighted
Dusko Milosevic
Regular Collector

SD 4.5 SP20, server failing and failing

I have urgent situation, servicedesk server is refusing cinections. I have to restart it every few minutes. IML log does not include errors, so do Event Viewer. Windows 2K, sp4, SD 4.5, SP20. Everything worked just yesterday, and I think that maybe I should add more memmory to Java, or something like that, but I dont know how... Please advice, I have already used the java lang out of memmory procedure with editing some files, and that solve me a problems some time ago. Now... Damn.. Pressure..

Please advice.

Thx, Dusko.
6 REPLIES
George M. Meneg
Honored Contributor

Re: SD 4.5 SP20, server failing and failing

Hello Dusko,

What about the logs of the application server? Can you check them ?
menes fhtagn
Dusko Milosevic
Regular Collector

I have few unusual entries...

Thu, 22/02/2007 11:32:47 Got exception:Failed communicating with the server. while pinging the server:10.1.4.14:30999

Thu, 22/02/2007 11:44:11 Port in use, redirecting to port:30998 for service:ITP Service
Thu, 22/02/2007 11:44:11 Port in use, redirecting to port:30997 for service:ITP Service
Thu, 22/02/2007 11:44:11 Started.
Thu, 22/02/2007 11:44:11 Service: HTTP Service on port 30980 disabled. Error: Address already in use: JVM_Bind
Thu, 22/02/2007 11:44:11 Metrics cannot be collected, port 6001 is in use

Never seen this before...

D.
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Hi,

the details on changing menory settings are attached.

As george said what does the logserver.txt say. Post some errors back to (mind the 1MB file size limit).
George M. Meneg
Honored Contributor

Hello Dusko,

It seems that the ports that OVSD application server is using (ITP 30999, 30998, 30997) and (HTTP: 30980) are in use. Is there a stray instance running?
menes fhtagn
Dusko Milosevic
Regular Collector

I had to commit a hw server shutdown, and the problem dissapeared. Server Log is now regular, without any errors. I am not sure what could happened, and I am still afraid that the problem will happen again. The hw server is only for SD purposes and no one is using it beside SD. I recently had a HW change, but this problem occured this morning without anything that cause it...

How could I clear the logserver.txt, it is 34MB large now...

I am checking the java settings right now...

Thx for helping,

D.
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Hi,

to clear the logserver.txt you need to shut dowm the application server, rename it or clear it and then restart the application server.

If you have ultra-edit installed on your server you should be able to cut the text out and past to a new text file without having to stop the application server.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event