Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD 4.5 SP19 Service Pages

Highlighted
Selvarajan
Regular Collector

SD 4.5 SP19 Service Pages

I have used all the default custom fields in Service call and able to use in the CreateServiceCal.jsp.i created a new custom field for service call.So how can i get the key value in the the CreateServiceCal.jsp form.
Example..: try { newshafol = sc.getSerShorttext7(); this is fine.
But how to get the the key for the new custom field. (if my new custom field key value is test1)
Can anyone help me please
6 REPLIES
Mike Bush
Honored Contributor

Re: SD 4.5 SP19 Service Pages

Do you mean the label? In which case you would invoke getLabelSerShorttext7 from the ServiceCallHome?
Selvarajan
Regular Collector

Thanks Mike for your response
I need how to get the attribute for the new Input field created in CreateServiceCal.jsp.
(Similar to Label Information
String information = "";
try { information = sc.getInformation(); )
So if my Input field label is Test1,then how to write
String test = "";
try { test1 = sc.get????????? ;}
George M. Meneg
Honored Contributor

Hello Selvarajan,

The new service call custom fields are stored in the table ITSM_SER_CFT001.

Maybe using tha name of the column will do what you want.
menes fhtagn
Selvarajan
Regular Collector

Hi George,
Thanks your reply...
Please tell me how,if i created a new custom field for service call through Admin Console,then how to use this in the service pages - jsp file .Thatis how to write the code for "get and set methods" for this custom field in the jsp file.
George M. Meneg
Honored Contributor

Hello Selvarajan,

Honestly I don't know, javascript is not my strength.

But assuming of course that dear HP *did* provide a method of retrieving the newly created custom fields through WEBAPI (that is something I'm not quite sure about) and since you use sc.getSerShorttext7 for getting the value of custom short text 7 and having in mind that SerShorttext7 is a name of a column in ITSM_SER_CUSTOM_FIELDS, it is logical to assume that something like this can be used for retrieving custom fields stored in the table ITSM_SER_CFT001.

But as I said earlier that depends on wherever HP provide a method of retrieving the values of the custom created custom fields through web-api or not. Maybe you should ask HP for that.

But knowing that HP gave "generic relations" and "generic relation groups" without providing a way to ACES import/export or mass import/export through Data Exchange, I seriously doupt about that.
menes fhtagn
Selvarajan
Regular Collector

Thanks Mike & George,
Even i am having basic knowledge in Java.I will post my query to HP regarding this.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event