SD 4.5(SP-27) Change Approvals notifications

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Michael Daly_2
Super Contributor.

SD 4.5(SP-27) Change Approvals notifications

We are using SD 4.5(SP-27) on Windows.

I am trying to set up Email Notifications for Change Approvals based on the value in the Approval 'Result' field.

When I am in the Administrator Console and setting up a Condition in a Change DB rule that is supposed to work with the value of the Approval -> Result field of either 'Approved' or 'Rejected'. When I go down the field list to select a criterian field from the Change -> Approval fields, the 'Result' field doesn't NOT appear in the list. Where is it?

The Approval->Approval.Status always shows a value of Ready whether the Approval is Approved or Rejected because the vote(s) have been cast depending on the Number of Approvers, and thus the Result field reflects the outcome of the Yes/No votes, and the Status only says the number of Approvers has been reached, and votes have come in, so the Change is 'Ready' for the next step. The Approval->Approval.Status does NOT reflect the Result, yet the Result field cannot be used in Change DB rules. WHY NOT?

Can anyone help please?

Regards

Michael Daly
13 Nov 2008
4 REPLIES
Michael Gregor
Outstanding Contributor.
Solution

Re: SD 4.5(SP-27) Change Approvals notifications

Hi!

Are you sure you are using the right field? Approval,Approval request should reflect the result. We have a DB-rule that does this:

When change is modified
where Approval;Approval request (*) equals Response ready
Set to Updated (Update Data) Status set to Updated

When Change Status is set to Updated another rule fires and sends a notification e-mail to defined recipients.

Hope this helps.
Michael
Michael Daly_2
Super Contributor.

Hi Michael

Thanks for your prompt response. I have attached a few screen shots from our SD system which shows I can't see or access the Approval;Approval.Result field. I don't know how you have been able to create your rule, as I thought you can only do it if the options are displayed in the field lists. Is that true?

I look forward to your reply, and thanks.

Regards

Michael Daly
14 Nov 2008
Michael Gregor
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi!

I cannot open your attachment, I get an error. However, here is a screenshot from our system. The field is available. Could it be a rights issue?

Michael
Michael Daly_2
Super Contributor.

Hi Michael

I don't think it could be a rights issue because I was signing on as the System Administrator.

I ended up logging a case with HP who said I should create a custom text(40 chars) field to copy the value of the Approval Result into. I did this then I created a DB rule to do this:
---
When change is created
OR When change is modified
where Approval;Approval Status (*) equals Ready
Update the Approval Result field. (Update Data) Approval Result set to [Approval Result]
---

It works now but it does seem to be a workaround.

Thanks for your assistance. ...Michael Daly